Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monique

Day One - The 14 day pre-op

Rate this Entry
This is IT!
I'm sitting here at my computer, still in my PJ's (the gray cheetah print that was the only "color" that came in a 2XL ) and just had my first "forray" into the protein drinks.

Now, I should preface this by saying that I LOVE my morning HOT drink. It doesn't have to be coffee, it can be a cappuccino or hot chocolate, but I'm lost without it.

I purchased 3 cases of Premium Protein (30 grams) drinks from Costco. The chocolate, heated in a cup for 1 minute on high, wasn't too bad. It wasn't Gourmet Raspberry White Chocolate... but I can do this.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, my daughter, who is home for the Holidays from college, made a delicious Stoup (Stew & Soup). She made tons, so I took 3-4 cups and put it in the blender for my "after surgery" liquid phase.

I have to admit, as my final farewell to all things sweet and fattening, I had a piece of Strawberry Cheesecake. I ate it slowly, savored every bite and said Good-bye.

It's time for the healthy me to emerge, that active person that I know is inside, just waiting to ride bikes and go canoeing with my handsome husband!
So, Day One, bring it on...

Submit "Day One - The 14 day pre-op" to Digg Submit "Day One - The 14 day pre-op" to del.icio.us Submit "Day One - The 14 day pre-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day One - The 14 day pre-op" to Google

Comments

Welcome to my world Monique! You'll do great.
    Wishing you great success as you move into a new way of being!
    Wishing all the best, it's not easy, but it is so worth it. I know it has totally changed my perspective on food. I could never understand how someone could just take a bit and be satisfied, and now I understand. I'm looking forward to moving to my next stage and learning more.
    I had coffee every morning preop...huge cup of decaf with a scoop of Matrix vanilla protein powder (after it cooled to 140 degrees). 23 grams of protein "latte" style. Or just mix your premier shakes 1/2 and 1/2 with coffee. Once I start drinking coffee regularly again further out postop, I plan on using my vanilla RTD protein shakes as creamer.