Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

wrightstuff12

I am hungry!

Rate this Entry
I am 8 days out and on stage two, liquids which include cream soup, low fat pudding, farina. I struggle to drink 40 0z of water, I drink 2 protein shakes, farina, soup, jello, lowfat yogurt, etc. How can I tell if it is real hunger, leftover ghrelin hunger, dehydration hunger, head hunger, stomach acid pain, etc. I don't feel sick, I take my antacid meds in the morning. I feel like I am going to ruin my sleeve if I keep eating. I had a hernia repair as well, could this be doing it? I am confused......and hungry. I don't want to go backwards.

Submit "I am hungry!" to Digg Submit "I am hungry!" to del.icio.us Submit "I am hungry!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I am hungry!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

These are all good questions for your Doctor or a bariatric nurse. When do you go in to see them next? If you don't have an appointment, make one. You should be eating three "meals" a day - such as they are and a planned snack. Keeping up on your protein can help with the feeling that you are feeding your body. Fixing your hiatial hernia has nothing to do with this. My guess, and you can discuss this with your Doctor, is that what you are feeling is head hunger. This is a HUGE change from the way you were probably eating before. I am experiencing this at night, when I used to take in a lot of calories by snacking. I will be so happy when Christmas season is over and I can dump everything out and get back to normal.
    Eat on a schedule. Every 2-3 hours. This should help.
    This is probably head hunger - I was hungry all the time after the op (or thought I was). It went away around day 10 and now I only feel a small amount of hunger around the time I am due for a meal. It will taper off