Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nrodriguez67

10 days post op

Rate this Entry
I am now 10 days post op and made it through the Christmas holiday without any problems. According to the scale I have lost 8 pounds since my surgery which I am pretty happy about. I have noticed that I am pretty emotional and I am thinking that since I don't have food to lean on if that is why I am expressing myself to my husband. My husband has a drinking problem and recently has gotten worse. I guess in the past, I would probably just grab food to "self-medicate" but now that's not an option. Instead I have been very verbal in my discontent with his problem draining the life out of me. I believe with my decision to have this surgery I have made a huge step in finally doing something for myself instead of taking the backseat to everyone else. I'm just not willing to sacrifice anymore. I am taking back my life. Sorry for the rant but it definitely helps to have fellow sleevers to chat with. Hope everyone is doing well.

Submit "10 days post op" to Digg Submit "10 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "10 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for sharing your story. I was sleeved on the same day as you. Christmas wasn't that bad for me. Stay strong. I'm also taking back my life. I have always done things for others, now it's my time. Take care
    Come here instead of food. That's a tough problem, the drinking. I hope brighter days ahead for you. Hugs.
    I know what you mean. Since having the surgery on the 9th I have been craving cigarettes a lot. Being that I recently quit that wouldn't seem uncommon but, now that I don't have food or cigarettes what do I have? I took a puff off my brother's cigarette and I thought I was going to throw up! There's that. I guess I just have to look forward to a new healthier me!!
    Thanks for the encouraging words everyone! I am determined to make this work and change my life and health for the better!
    Good for you!! Dont ever take the back seat ever again!!! Stand up for yourself!! I did that and so much happier now than before....continue the good work!