Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shalon

Estrogen Pockets

Rate this Entry
Since my surgery I've had an increase in number and severity of migraines. I've had them all my life but recently I've had to go back to taking meds to manage them. I've even been to the ER twice now because the dizziness has gotten so bad that I fell down the stairs once and threw up at work the second time.

My neurologist says this is because of stored pockets of Estrogen in my fat releasing. Which is not only a gross explanation but irritating to boot. I was prepared for most of the changes that have come or are coming post-surgery but nobody told me that getting rid of stored goo was going to make my head pound.

I guess it's sort of like the way a spring cleaning always kicks up all that dust and crap that makes you cough and sneeze. blecchh.

On the upside though, now that I've lost 54 pounds my red "sports bra" has finally become a sweatshirt again.

Submit "Estrogen Pockets" to Digg Submit "Estrogen Pockets" to del.icio.us Submit "Estrogen Pockets" to StumbleUpon Submit "Estrogen Pockets" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've had some headaches as well, but the estrogen has actually been good for me during this weight loss since I had a total hysterectomy last fall. I've been needing some good Estrogen! ha!
    What meds are you taking for your migraines? I hope you get them managed - I've only had a few migraines in my entire life and they are brutal! A bad headache is bad enough, but a migraine is misery.
    My Dr told me same explanation re altered moods (and sex drive). She just reminded me it is coming from a positive place and giving me positive results . and allegedly things will even out so to just be patient. Yup that was my prescription- patience. Arrrgh. I'm sorry you are hhaving migraines though. Not fun at all.hugs_ gordita
    Quote Originally Posted by paradoxgal
    What meds are you taking for your migraines? I hope you get them managed - I've only had a few migraines in my entire life and they are brutal! A bad headache is bad enough, but a migraine is misery.
    Sumatriptan, and something else I left at work with caffeine in it that I haven't tried yet.
    The Sumatriptan works but it also makes me high and drowsy while it's doing its thing so I can't take it to work.

I love the reason the migraines are happening more frequently(ie the weight loss) but I hate knowing that this means I have to live with them like this for another 150 pounds. ouch!