Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dyork0028

Tomorrow is the big day!!

Rate this Entry
I am on an emotional roller coaster, full of normal hopes and fears (I hope they are normal, at least). First of all, I am very grateful to have the opportunity to have this surgery. However, since I got into this position in the first place because I use food as an "anxiety medicine", I am now really anxious because I don't have it to fall back on today. I am nervous that I am going to be in a lot of pain, extremely nauseous, vomiting, or unable to handle everything emotionally. I hope I can handle being without any liquid all day tomorrow. I hope everything goes o.k. so that I can go home to my children on Christmas Day. I hope that I am one of the ones that has an easy time, feels good, and has successful and rapid weight loss. I hope that I can find tools to cope with the emotional stresses that all of this change will bring. I hope this surgery is the life changing tool that will help me obtain the body that I have always wanted. The one that will let me be proud of my body instead of trying to conceal it with long, baggy shirts or really big hand bags that cover my tummy when strategically placed. A body that doesn't have to worry if the booths are big enough or the seats on the roller coaster will hold me. A body that will let me run and play with my kids without feeling as though I am going to collapse at any moment. Finally, I hope this surgery will add years to my life so that I can be around to watch my daughters grow up, get married, and have babies of their own. I want to grow old with my amazing husband who has TRULY loved me...even at 300 pounds.

Submit "Tomorrow is the big day!!" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow is the big day!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow is the big day!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow is the big day!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It is normal to feel a roller coaster of emotions. I suggest you take it one day at a time. Also, it is helpful to join a WLS support group if you have one in your area. Well wishes for your surgery!
    I had my surgery on the 17th. 6 days post op and I am doing great. After surgery, my pain was totally manageable, no nausea, no regrets. It is difficult to drink but while in the hospital, I hardly tried. They have you hooked to fluid. When I came home after a day I drank SMART WATER. Get some, it's a miracle worker. It's different than regular water. My protein drinks were made with it and my broth. It goes down so much better than water. I was off of the narcotics by day three and felt like I could go to the post office, the grocery store, the counselor, the kids school for their last day. ?.I may have over done it because then I took a nap. My point is, everyone reacts differently and it doesn't have to be the worst one. I read those and scared myself into doubting my decision. Trust me and ALL of these strangers. It's the best ever. Keep reading this site. It's my Bible.
    You basically said everything in a nutshell. I got my time (9:30) and am strangely calm. I have been afraid of "not waking up" from surgery. Now that I have something concrete I am more worried about the after effects. I so want to be one that does well and sails through the surgery. BUT, I am trying to prepare myself for the unfortunate possibility that I wont. I HATE throwing up. Terrifying thought for me. A phobia if you must. So for me to be considering this at all is amazing. Talk about a roll of the dice.
    I want to live long enough to retire and enjoy my life with my husband. I want as you said, to see my little girl grow up and have her own wonderful life. I'm tired of hurting when I get out of bed in the morning. I'm tired of people asking if I'm pregnant. I want to walk up a flight of stairs and not be out of breath. And yes, dammit, I want to be pretty again. I read a post on vanity not being a reason to have this done. And I agree, but it DOES come into play. If that makes me a bad person then so be it.
    Anyway, sorry to vent. I wish you well tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you on "the sleeved side"
    Good Luck Sleeve Buddy!! We will be going in together tomorrow. I have gotten over all of my jitters and my concerns. I am just ready to be on the other side of this. This has been an amazing beginning to the Journey. We so deserve the peace and happiness that is before us.
    Have a Happy Holidays and I look forward to hearing about everything soon!!
    Congrats it's the best gift to give yourself!!!
    Sip sip sip and walk walk walk!!!!
    Merry Christmas
    I totally remember that feeling!! I was *SO* nervous when I showed up. It was like opening a door to a whole new life. I won't lie that my first two weeks were not the best of experiences. I cried, I was sick, I regretted it...Luckily I had a LOT of people on here encourage me to push through and you know what, it was exactly like they said. I woke up one morning and I was a whole new person. It was AWESOME. Not everyone feels as poorly as I did those two weeks, so that may not even happen to you! Just take the appropriate time off work. I only took 7 days off and that was a HUGE mistake. You can do this and I am SO proud of you for being so brave!!
    Good luck to you tomorrow. I'm also hoping for the same things as you--smooth sailing. I'm sure you'll do just fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by lad45
    You basically said everything in a nutshell. I got my time (9:30) and am strangely calm. I have been afraid of "not waking up" from surgery. Now that I have something concrete I am more worried about the after effects. I so want to be one that does well and sails through the surgery. BUT, I am trying to prepare myself for the unfortunate possibility that I wont. I HATE throwing up. Terrifying thought for me. A phobia if you must. So for me to be considering this at all is amazing. Talk about a roll of the dice.
    I want to live long enough to retire and enjoy my life with my husband. I want as you said, to see my little girl grow up and have her own wonderful life. I'm tired of hurting when I get out of bed in the morning. I'm tired of people asking if I'm pregnant. I want to walk up a flight of stairs and not be out of breath. And yes, dammit, I want to be pretty again. I read a post on vanity not being a reason to have this done. And I agree, but it DOES come into play. If that makes me a bad person then so be it.
    Anyway, sorry to vent. I wish you well tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you on "the sleeved side"
    I have a terrible phobia of vomiting also, so it seems strange to be doing this knowing that is almost a certainty. It will definitely keep me in line as far as eating the right things and not pushing my new tummy. And you are correct; health may be the primary reason we chose to have the surgery, but as human beings, we all want to look our best and be attractive, so that is just the cherry on the sundae...oh, no..that just made me want ice cream..