Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Roshus Girl

5+ Months Post Op!

Rate this Entry
Hello and Merry Christmas Sleevers!

I am more than five months out and down 50#s since my surgery. I fit into a size 14 now and feel thrilled to be looking the way I do at this point. I have averaged my weight loss, and I lose about 10#s a month. If I keep up with this type of loss, I will reach my goal come my one year mark; that would be epic! My doctor is not happy with my weight loss to this point, she said I am not doing enough to lose it faster. I unfortunately, deal with an unidentified Autoimmune something that causes me great fatigue and prevents me from exercising like most others would. It was for this reason that I chose bariatric to begin with, I wasn't able to put in all the physical exercise to achieve results. Irreguardless of my doctors opinion, I am very content with my progress and see the benefits of my body not having to work as hard. I don't crave sugars, and the things that I used to love and want I could care less about...(ice cream and pizza). I do like cheeses and breads or crackers...and they feel good to me where other things don't. I find that strange since bread was supposed to cause discomfort...? I am just an odd duck! Still trying to remember my proteins, and still losing hair like its cool. I am hoping my shedding stops soon or I will look tragic! My blood tests showed all positive for my vitamins being on target, so I am good with my nutrition. I had been taken off my Blood Pressure meds, but something happened and my body went back up, so I am back on them...I think its my mystery illness. Anyhoo, I hope you are all having a blessed Christmas season and I wish you all the best over the holidays! Happy Losing Friends!

Submit "5+ Months Post Op!" to Digg Submit "5+ Months Post Op!" to del.icio.us Submit "5+ Months Post Op!" to StumbleUpon Submit "5+ Months Post Op!" to Google

Comments

50 lbs in 5 months is great. My recommendation is to start exercising but take it slow, fake it until u make it. Maybe just do 10 min a night and eventually work yourself up to 30 min. Either way, your doing great!
    If I may be excused for saying...screw the doc. you are doing great. Sometimes I just have to scratch my head in wonder.......I sat in a docs office recently and told her my weight 150 and she pulled out a bmi card and told me that I am over weight.....now I am 5' 6" 71 yrs old, lost 83# ...I wanted to bust her one. lol They need to get real!!!!!
    It sounds like you've done great! As long as you're losing, then isn't that our goal?
    Wow! Our stories are so close to being the same that we could be twinkies! I have no idea what my doctor would say about my loss, as I haven't seen him for my follow up yet. But truthfully, it kinda pisses me off he would say he wasn't happy with that. 10 lbs a month is supposed to be average. But your opinion of you is what counts the most, so yea for you!!!
    Thank you everyone for your positive words and support! Makes me feel even better about my journey!
    Boo to your doctor! I can't wait until the day comes where I can say I have been losing 10lbs a month! Kudos to you--boo to your doctor!
    You are doing GREAT! Congrats on the weight loss! I am 6 1/2 months out, I have lost about 55lbs. My doc is ok with it, but not extemely---- but the important thing is, "I" am happy with it! And thats what matters! Good Luck!
    I am with the rest of the group - Doctor is crazy. Ten pounds a month is awesome! I too have issues. I have Fibromyalgia, but I also have 4 bulging discs and one which is herniated and is causing neuropathy down my legs to my knees. I too have never been friends with exercise. I am 5 months out and down 92lbs. All of my Doctors are thrilled! Slow and steady is better and 10 lbs a month is perfect. I am hoping for at least 30-40lb more, but that may be greedy. I want to get below the 200lb mark and stay there. OK, that said, revise what you are thinking about exercise. I always viewed it as women running their brains out on treadmill until they were sweaty and near collapse. Well, think of it as strengthing. Invest in a few sessions with a personal trainer. Make sure they have education and certification. Then tell them your history and they should be able to come up with a plan to help strengthen your muscles in your legs, arms and back. That is my plan. I think I have finally lost enough weight to not injure myself. Good luck!