Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

oncebanded

My Plastic Surgery Consult

Rate this Entry
Well, Sunday I drove the 7 hours to Plano Texas (near Dallas) and Monday morning I had my consult for my plastic surgery. I went knowing I had a good 40 more desired pounds to lose but was hoping for a price so I could started saving...

Well the good news is, My surgery is scheduled for May 21, the bad news is, its almost 10k. Tummy tuck,muscle tightening and lipo (in several areas)

Ugh.

the other good news is, he said he can pretty much make those 40 pounds go away. LOL He didn't want to discourage me from losing weight, but he said, I can cut out the fat, or cut off the skin...

The challenge is to NOT GAIN anything before May 21st. LOL

Submit "My Plastic Surgery Consult" to Digg Submit "My Plastic Surgery Consult" to del.icio.us Submit "My Plastic Surgery Consult" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Plastic Surgery Consult" to Google

Comments

that's great! You can do it!
    Well that is encouraging news. Pretty good price overall.
    How exciting for you. I can not wait for that day.
    I know it is a huge investment, but it is one that is well deserved. You have worked hard to get where you are. Congratulations
    My insurance will pay for my pannectomy surgery after I have maintained a loss of one hundred pounds for 12 months. They won't cover the other things I suspect I will want to improve.
    Some insurance companies will cover a panniculectomy with a TON of documentation. It's a very hard surgery to get covered. And no, they wont cover anything but the removal of the skin. If you need something cosmetic you will have to pay out of pocket for that.

I am in the process of having my panniculectomy covered, this will help reduced the cost of the cosmetic portion of my procedure. But it is a long approval process. The plastic surgeon said 99% of the time, it's denied once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich-D
    My insurance will pay for my pannectomy surgery after I have maintained a loss of one hundred pounds for 12 months. They won't cover the other things I suspect I will want to improve.
    Wow! That's quite a guarantee! I am having plastics a week from tomorrow (an abdominoplasty, adjustable breast implants, and liposuction to my flanks). And my bariatric surgeon and my plastic surgeon ONLY gave me the go ahead because I have been at goal weight for 4 months. They both told me plastics is NOT for weight loss. Further they said skin is "fluffy" and most people are under the false impression that skin weighs a lot when in fact it does not. Get that "promise of losing 40 pounds through plastic surgery" in writing! Best wishes!