Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

debbiedodit

feeling guilty wont be losing this week ugh!

Rate this Entry
I did it I broke down and had had a small slice of cheesecake..I'm so bad I feel so guilty and now my tummy is making all this noise like a dead giveaway! So now put on my big girl panties and consequences for my weakness bad girl Debbie you were doing so good!

Submit "feeling guilty wont be losing this week ugh!" to Digg Submit "feeling guilty wont be losing this week ugh!" to del.icio.us Submit "feeling guilty wont be losing this week ugh!" to StumbleUpon Submit "feeling guilty wont be losing this week ugh!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi don't beat yourself up to bad, try to shake it off, and get back on your diet that you were following. Just remember mind over matter I believe that you can do it.
    Hi don't beat yourself up to bad, try to shake it off, and get back on your diet that you were following. Just remember mind over matter I believe that you can do it.
    One piece of cheesecake will not stop weight loss for whole week. But if you say eff it and go crazy and keep the cheesecake vibe going , it will. Follow your rules and eat right the other six days and you will lose. Speaking as one who eats cheesecake occasionally Best of luck.
    I disagree with most people, I say beat yourself up. Bad choices won't help you after this major surgery.
    I dont know about beating yourself up as much as developing a steely determination not to let it happen again.
    I'm gonna have to agree with Gordita. I had this surgery so I could live the rest of my life making better choices, but to also live and eat like a normal person, and that includes the occasional treat.
    Look, you are going to have to make good choices MOST of the time but heck, the rest of your life is a looooong time! You can totally indulge a little bit once in a while for petes sake! I just went to the movies and had popcorn and peanut m&m's. This is my treat once a week and I have had no issues losing weight. My doctor told me after surgery, "if you can only eat 5 bites and your full then take three bites of protein, one bite of vegetables, and one bite of cake". As long as you are not overdoing your calorie intake and making good choices the majority of the time, and working out it is OK!
    A little indulgence here and there is human and joyful. Just don't make it a habit. I've seen a lot of posts on here about getting out of a stall where many members agree that eating some carbs and getting some extra calories every now and again can help you lose weight. Most important thing is to make it a truly rare treat that you savor fully. Best wishes!!
    the key to the occasional indulgence is that it has to END RIGHT THEN. enjoy whatever you ate guilt free and then you have to be done. you can't do what you did presleeve (speaking for self here) and say well now i've screwed up, and use that as an excuse to eat crazy for the rest of the day even . teh next meal you put in your mouth needs to be protein based and healthy. and of course you need to say it will be x-many days or weeks til my next indulgence. to be clear i am not eating cheese cake daily. (mmmm. cheesecake daily. ) i have sugary treats a couple times a month but that is different than saying i have a couple cheat "DAYS"per month. (at least not on purpose). a planned dessert is a treat that i have with no guilt but the meal that follows it will be regular old boring protein and veggie and perhaps minimal carb or small piece of fruit. that's what's working for me. just didnt want to imply i run amok eating sweet treats all the time and magically losing weight : ) i do make good choices more than not; i just choose to enjoy the cake when i have it instead of being sad about it like pre-sleeve. part of my deal with myself was to do everything in my power to have a more normal relationship with food and to give up anxiety and this is good and that is bad thinking . it's a journey. i'm not perfect at it but im trying. sometimes cheesecake means you're bingeing and you're eating off plan and you need to re-evaluate. esp if it's part of a pattern of behavior. but sometimes cheesecake is just a sweet treat and normal non-obese people also indulge and it doesn't set them off on crazy thoughts. i'm trying to get to that place. but it is def a process. sorry for the ramble. im up @ 315 with a bit of a headache. and on this site to avoid snacking ; ) hugs-gordita