Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimpossible318

3 MONTHS POST-OP (with comparison pics)!

Rate this Entry
So these past 3 months have come and gone in a whirl. It's insane!

I have discovered an application called "Monitor Your Weight" on my phone. It's pretty cool - you should check it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-16-08-12-12.png 
Views:	1166 
Size:	812.5 KB 
ID:	16171

Basically, in 3 months I have lost 62.4 lbs. My BMI has gone from 56 to 45.9. I have lost 36% of the weight I want to lose in nearly 25% of the time I want to lose it. Not too shabby.

I am happy with my weight loss, so don't get me wrong when I say what I'm going to say next....

I know I would lose more if I did a better job getting in all my water and my food. The bottom line is that the days I eat more, I seem to have better results. True story. 99% of the time, I don't get my water or protein in. This is in part because I get full VERY fast (and to think I was sad when I found out my surgeon used a 36 instead of a 32 bougie). It is also in part because I get super busy at work and forget to drink or eat. I think I will need to start setting my alarm. No joke.

We went to Vegas for Thanksgiving and the walking, while felt awesome, wore me out so much. I will also confess to not getting in my exercising like I should. I need to get on it cuz I have big plans of getting back into the running scene in the next couple of months and a girl must learn to walk before she can run.

I have been traveling pretty solidly for the past 5 weeks and now I'm continuing that through mid-January. I'm going to Chicago for Christmas and then on Jan 3rd I leave for Miami to hang out for 2 days before heading on a cruise. The R&R will be exactly what I need.

So, to all of you - I wish you and your family the Merriest of Christmases and the Happiest of New Years!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEFOREAFTER-2013111515622.JPG 
Views:	1647 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	16168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEFOREAFTER-201311151585.JPG 
Views:	1009 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	16169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEFOREAFTER-2013111515950.JPG 
Views:	1333 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	16170

Submit "3 MONTHS POST-OP (with comparison pics)!" to Digg Submit "3 MONTHS POST-OP (with comparison pics)!" to del.icio.us Submit "3 MONTHS POST-OP (with comparison pics)!" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 MONTHS POST-OP (with comparison pics)!" to Google

Comments

Look at you!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Keep rockin' it girl!!!!!!

Found the Monitor Your Weight app in the Apple App store and downloaded it.

For water, I use Daily Water. I have it set for 15 minute intervals. I get a little chime to remind me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netekay
    Look at you!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Keep rockin' it girl!!!!!!

Found the Monitor Your Weight app in the Apple App store and downloaded it.

For water, I use Daily Water. I have it set for 15 minute intervals. I get a little chime to remind me.

Awesome idea to download the Daily Water app - I'm going to have to get that one! =)
    So proud of you, Kim! You look fantastic! I'm on the same boat as you right now...I know I can be doing better. I have let my exercise go down over the past few weeks. And, while I have a lot of restriction, I am managing to eat a lot of the junk that I should avoid...darn holidays!We'll get back on track...Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too!
    Kim, you look spectacular!! Kudos for all the hard work!
    You look amazing
    Wow!! You are doing great and Merry Christmas . Hope you have a great vacation. Shirley
    Kim, Kim, Kim--do you see my pom poms? I'm cheering and clapping wildly for you!!!! Congratulations! I cannot believe how much you've lost and how different you look in three months--I do see a waistline girlfriend!!! Happy Holidays and have a great time in your travels!
    You look awesome!!! Keep up the great work
    You look fantastic, and I bet you feel even better!! SO thrilled for you!
    I'm a little jealous of all this travelling, I'll admit - has travelling with your sleeve been much of an issue?
    I know post sleeve that water and exercise will be my biggest issues, as well. It's hard to hit that switch from completely sedentary to active in the matter of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your further success.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, sweetie! Wishing you all the best in the New Year!
    you look amazing you will do it.
    Wow you are looking GREAT!!!!! Keep it up!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJennC
    You look fantastic, and I bet you feel even better!! SO thrilled for you!
    I'm a little jealous of all this travelling, I'll admit - has travelling with your sleeve been much of an issue?
    I know post sleeve that water and exercise will be my biggest issues, as well. It's hard to hit that switch from completely sedentary to active in the matter of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your further success.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, sweetie! Wishing you all the best in the New Year!
    Traveling hasn't been too hard....I always carry a water bottle with me so that no matter what I have access to liquid. Then I just choose things that I know I can eat easily - no experimentation - during travels. So like soup is my go to food...or chili. I also take protein bars with me and drink fat free milk to help get that protein in.

Can't wait for you to be sleeve, Jenn!!! =)
    Congratulations....lookin good!
    looking great!!!! nice little waistline shaping up their, girlfriend!
    You look great, congrats!!!
    Yeah you!!! I am finding it hard to travel. I think it would be easier if I went alone. Seeing everything brought to the table that you used to consider a real treat, well, it's hard to resist. You just see things in front of you that you normally wouldn't be tempted with while at home. I am extremely jealous of your loss, but happy for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by OAM
    Yeah you!!! I am finding it hard to travel. I think it would be easier if I went alone. Seeing everything brought to the table that you used to consider a real treat, well, it's hard to resist. You just see things in front of you that you normally wouldn't be tempted with while at home. I am extremely jealous of your loss, but happy for you!

I struggle a lot with most foods...that's the only reason I am able to "be good" while traveling. I still have the desires to eat all the wrong things, but they just don't go down right. I am quite thankful for this, but sometimes I think "man, I would kill for a cheeseburger" lol Thank you!
    Great job...keep up the good work. God Bless...Mem
    Looking good Kim! Good job on learning how to balance you work/life with the sleeve.
    You look great!!! So happy for you!!!! I'm w/ you on not eating or drinking enough & I've yet to join a gym. I count my job as my exercise because I'm always moving for 4-7 hrs a day. I plan on joining planet fitness after the holidays or taking water aerobics at the Y. Keep up the good work & hope you have a very Merry Christmas & happy new year!!!
    Hi Kim,

You're doing great! Can you believe it's been 3 months already?
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
    You look AWESOME!!!!!! So happy for you and your progress thus far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immagranny
    Hi Kim,

You're doing great! Can you believe it's been 3 months already?
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

No, I can't believe it! Time has really flown by!!! My birthday makes 2 days past 6 months for me and I'm praying for 100 lbs gone by then! I'm sure it will be here in the snap of my fingers! =)
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! Keep it up!!!
    Fantastic! I know you feel so much better and you look great. Just think how you will feel next Christmas. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
    You look fabulous! Pics look like two completley different people! What app are you using to track your weight loss (the 4th pic.)?
    Honestly I had my surgery just before you and you have lost more than I have. I have a hard time with my water, seriously I could simply go the whole day without drinking it because I forget. My energy is still low but I do walk or ride my bike 3 times a week for 20 minutes or more. I think inches are leaving but not pounds. I also noticed that I have been snacking more, not really hungry but my mind thinks that I am. I never did that before surgery, I didn't have any problems with mind hunger. You are looking great and no doubt feeling great too! Keep up the good work!