Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bobby Boston

Ready to get serious about this ..... I think

Rate this Entry
First day of the new week, first day of work after Thanksgiving. Visited my family out of state. Thoughts: 1. Wow, lots of old 'stuff'' comes to mind at Thanksgiving...regrets, missteps, how old my mother is now and how I regret I always took her for granted when I was young. 2. How the above triggers a desire to drink and eat entirely too much. 3. How well I managed drinking (no alcohol at all) and eating (not excessive!). 4. Important to focus on the future, embrace positive memories as I have seen that my thoughts drive my emotions and it has been my habit to manage my emotions through over consumption.

Started the day early, with blood drawing at a local clinic as a prelude to my first medical appointments this Friday. I suspect there is not much they won't know about me before we are done!

Reviewing postings on the Forum makes it clear that this is serious business...major surgery. I need to be realistic about what is ahead.

Submit "Ready to get serious about this ..... I think" to Digg Submit "Ready to get serious about this ..... I think" to del.icio.us Submit "Ready to get serious about this ..... I think" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ready to get serious about this ..... I think" to Google

Comments

Good luck
    I can relate to your points above. You have to make your own positive memories, and for my family, we realized, we will have to start our own family, to make additional positive memories. As a guy, no one wants to hear about our troubled past. Men are supposed to be strong, and ready for anything, but as us guys know, that's not always the case. Being a man is serious business. Own what happened in the past, think about it, but don't let it haunt you. Look forward to tomorrow, and embrace it and never let anyone dictate the outcome of YOUR life, your in control-

Take care
    Sounds like you are well on your way. Hope your appointment Friday goes well!
    I was sleeved in mid-September and I can honestly say this was only the second Thanksgiving in my adult life that instead of gaining weight, I lost weight. It's major surgery, but it's also the best tool I've ever had. I was in Vegas for Thanksgiving (my family's tradition) and got loads of walking in and little bites of this and that. Good luck on Friday!