Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Debdaisy

One Month!!!

Rate this Entry
Greetings! Today is the on the one month mark for me. First and foremost? I am grateful. Beyond words. Since starting my journey with the sleeve, I have lost 36 pounds, with 14 of them post surgery. I am daily working on being content with the progress and trusting in the process.

The thing I am coming to terms with right now is that full will always and forever be different than everyone else's. I don't know if I can explain this. I know why I got the sleeve, am thoroughly pleased to have it, but ... I miss eating, I guess. I think I am grieving that relationship. I've never ate so much that I have thrown up, but have certainly eaten enough that I felt nine months pregnant again and swore I'd never do it again. I'm getting better at slowing down and knowing when to quit, but it has certainly been a process.

I think there is more to it but I can't quite put my finger on it just yet. Maybe it's just getting used to the whole changed life-style. It's certainly an adjustment. And I am certainly not complaining. But there have been some different than hunger pangs lately.

One day at a time, eh?

Cheers!

Deb

Submit "One Month!!!" to Digg Submit "One Month!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "One Month!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Month!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your weight loss and journey.
    I know what you are saying and have some of the same feelings. I am just over two weeks post surgery and I know I made the right decision, but....it is not easy, nor is it a "simple" process that involves protien, water, vitamins etc... Lots of mental/emotional work to do. Thanksgiving really highlighted the us/them dynamic where food is concerned. I sat and watched people eat. I enjoyed my blended turkey (still eating blended) and there was a sense of ...I guess loss. Today we did our annual post Thanksgiving meal out and I had my soup and again...watched everyone else eat. I'm not complaining or feeling sorry for myself, just trying to work through it.
    Keep up your good work. It sounds as though you have a great attitude and are coming to terms with this change. I'm trying to do the same !!
    @Deb,
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Everyday is a different day with the sleeve. I know what you mean by your fullness is not the same as everyone elses'. Keep up the hard work because as long as you work for it you will achieve it.