Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JeanethReinoso

Un-Easiness :/

Rate this Entry
I have had for the past 2 days a feeling of uneasiness and being unsure! Today marks 5 weeks and 2 days since I had my surgery and at my last check up last Monday I had only lost 2lbs from the previous check up which was 2 weeks prior to that one! Needless to say I felt discouraged at that appointment but I go back one week from today and am afraid that the scale will once again only say I have lost a 1-3lbs if I did not gain! I am not feeling like I am changing in anyway as I did weeks before and feel like I have come to a stand still already! I don't have a scale in my house to check and Its killing me because I want to know if what im doing is right or wrong! The past couple of days I haven't been able to have protein shakes because they are making me gag so I have in attempts to get the proper amount of protein been eating chicken and a veggie for each meal! My meals never consist of more then 140 calories and take me about 1 1/2 to eat but I still feel guilty when I am done eating because I know that as per doctors orders im supposed to be drinking to shakes a day! This journey started off rough and it just feels like its getting harder not easier or more second nature I should say! Today Iwoke up and thought maybe I shouldn't eat anything today and just drink drink drink water water water and maybe then the weight will start to come off but then I read several blogs and forums that advised against doing so and I am just so torn and lost! I have no one to call or talk to because I am the only one that I know that is going through this and you all are my only hope for some guidance or advice! I really don't know what to do to get rid of these thoughts and feelings except anxiously await next weeks dr.s appointment to either bring to reality my fears or to put them to rest! Has anyone else gone through this and what did you do to change that? Im to the point where I am about to go out and buy a scale just so I can either have some piece of mind or give me some kind of clarity so I can figure out what is wrong!! Hoping that everything is going as planned or should be..ugh the being unsure part is really killing me right now

Submit "Un-Easiness :/" to Digg Submit "Un-Easiness :/" to del.icio.us Submit "Un-Easiness :/" to StumbleUpon Submit "Un-Easiness :/" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Go buy a scale, you shouldn't have to live with all this stress you are putting yourself through. Weigh once a day, weigh once a week, just be sure it's the same time of day and you always weigh naked, and even then you will get fluctuations that you have to promise not to beat your self up over as the weight will come off. I had my surgery in Mexico, so no set Dr. appts or nutritionist appts for follow up, just some guidelines in a handout as far as what to eat pre and post op. By week 5 I was on solid foods and tolerating most everything. Everyones diet is a different diet with different time frames, so do not beat yourself up for having chicken and a veggie, it is guilt you do not need to be feeling. If you are going to eat solids for your protein, you need to concentrate on eating as much protein as possible, fill up on that and if there is room left over, have a veggie, but protein has to be your priority. I still have to try to gag down a shake every once in a while if I am having a super busy day and don't get in enough protein. Watch what you eat though, carbs are killers and the weight wont come off if you are getting in your protein but eating high carbs with it. Always protein and veggies, but keep them green or some other color, WHITE anything means trouble (bread, pasta, rice, sugar, flour etc...) ( I guess I shouldn't generalize that way as cottage cheese and yogurt are white and awesome) WHITE CARBS mean trouble!!!!!!! I hope this helps, but mostly just stop beating yourself up, eat your protein, drink tons of water and go for a walk. God Bless!!
    I agree with RoDean - I am 6 weeks out and can eat pretty much anything. I don't like the protein shakes, so I have the powder and mix it with milk, peanut butter & 1/2 banana to make a yummy shake. I also make sure to eat my proteins, such as cottage cheese, deli meat w/a slice of cheese or yogurt. Since turkey day, turkey has been awesome. I also bought several types of protein bars and are trying those, to see what I like. I still try to get all of my water in, but sometimes I just run out of time in the day. Don't beat yourself - this is a long journey, not a short one. The weight will come off - just make sure to think about your tummy pouch, knowing that it is still healing This website is awesome and very encouraging. Good luck to you!
    My dr and nut preached to me that meals should take no longer than 30 minutes. If you are taking longer than that, you should stop eating. It means you are full.
    And yes, go buy a scale. It will make you feel more in control bc you will be able to see progress. You won't be in the dark like you are right now.
    Good luck.