Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

skinnyminiwannabe

I just cheated in my 1st week of pre op liquids :-(

Rate this Entry
I just cheated and ate some fresh fruit for lunch instead of a shake.. :-( At lease I just cheated with fruit.. When you chew it its liquid right? I have another whole week to do better. (hand smack)

The shakes are so so thick and I feel like a crazy woman clearing my throat at work non stop..

My surgery is Dec. 3rd I wish it was today.. The liquid diet is so hard but at least in the first week I can have a sensable dinner.

Next week will be pure thick drink Hell :-(

Cristy

Submit "I just cheated in my 1st week of pre op liquids :-(" to Digg Submit "I just cheated in my 1st week of pre op liquids :-(" to del.icio.us Submit "I just cheated in my 1st week of pre op liquids :-(" to StumbleUpon Submit "I just cheated in my 1st week of pre op liquids :-(" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hang in there Cristy - my 2 week pre-op diet is no solid food at all. 1200 calories in shakes divided into 3 meals of 400 calories each. That's it. Good luck to you.
    oh wow.. Good luck .. Thanks for the encouragement !!! :-)
    Hang in there! The post op is easier than pre-op for sure! I still get VERY hungry but.. it's no where near how my stomach worked before. It doesn't seem to drive me to binge if say, I haven't eaten in 5-6 hours. The machine is fed with the same amount of food.. no matter what. I feel this is how it should have always been!!
    You guys make me so grateful for my surgeon. My 2 week pre-op is just a 1200 calorie diet with shakes for breakfast only.

I do have to go on all liquids the day before surgery.
    Could you add some milk to thin out the shakes? It is really important for your health to follow your doctor's advice before and after surgery.
    yes I just thought about that I may pour it in the blender with some ice and skim milk .
    I used Syntrax Nectar and it's not thick at all.
    You're right, it could have been worse than fruit. What's done is done. Move on, hang in there, and maybe having a glass of water with your shake might help clear the gunk from your throat. Best of strength to you!
    what about lemon in the water what about that?? has anyone done that after surgery ??
    You might have a restriction of no citrus post surgery. I had that restriction but was able to have crystal lite stuff which even to this day I drink some flavoring in my drink as I can't do plain water very well.