Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Forestgalice

anyone else have discomfort laying on back?

Rate this Entry
I know there is a lot of things that happen after this surgery, but I did not see this coming. I get pain in my neck while in bed, cannot lay on back anymore without this shutting pain from back into neck and onto side of face, it's bizarre. the surgeon never heard of this, seeing primary today, looking for answers. maybe I'm just weird?

Submit "anyone else have discomfort laying on back?" to Digg Submit "anyone else have discomfort laying on back?" to del.icio.us Submit "anyone else have discomfort laying on back?" to StumbleUpon Submit "anyone else have discomfort laying on back?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi - we're surgery twins, I'm also class of 10/21.

I can sleep on my back with no pillow under my head, but I like to have a pillow I hold on my stomach.

I actually get a very stiff neck if I sleep on my stomach, which I use to do all the time pre-op. I'm sure will figure it out with time.

Good luck!
    I used to love sleeping like that...now I'm a side sleeper! So weird?!?
    Did you have a hiatal hernia repair? I did and from what I understand it shares the same nerve pathways as your neck and head. The nerve in question might very well be the vagus nerve. You might want to see a neurologist if your primary can't resolve it.