Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ajanderson

Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT

Rate this Entry
Hi All,

I just wanted to post some comments about Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT.

I recently had the Gastric Sleeve on the 4/5/10 at Calvary in Bruce and before I had the surgery I was unable to find much information about Dr Gananadha.

Now I have had the procedure, I can't speak more highly about Dr Gananadha and his staff, they were all very friendly and informative throughout the whole journey.

It's only been 11 days after the surgery but I feel great and no complications so far. My dressing have been removed and my wounds have healed well (they are quite small).

Dr Gananadha and his staff visited me every day for the four days I was in hospital (Wed - Sat) and gave me comfort with their advice.

I was advised that I probably wouldn't be able to return to work for a week or two after my discharge from hospital but I was back at work on day six after the operation. I worked the full week last week and although I was a little tired on the first two days, I actually felt better being at work rather than being at home on the couch or in bed. I am only 31 so I think my body coped well with the surgery and my job is in a office and non-strenuous.

I have lost 12kg (115kg to 103kg) over the past 11 days, my weight loss has become less rapid over the last couple of days and I've been advised that I can progress to puree on Wednesday.

I first looked at surgery options several years ago and didn't qualify. I struggled with my weight going up and down and developed sleep apnea since. I had tried so many diets and exercised regularly but could never maintain my weight with it slowly increasing over the years.

I had never had surgery before and I was very worried before I went in, I even felt a sense of regret up until day 3.

I know it's only early days but now I don't have any fears or regrets, I would do it all over again because I can already feel it is going to make a huge difference to my life. I'm only on liquids but I feel fuller quicker and although I haven't eaten solids yet, I feel satisfied from eating tinned soups.

I'm not big on posting on websites but this is my way of saying a big Thanks! to Dr Gananadha and his team.

Thanks again,
Alex.

Submit "Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT" to Digg Submit "Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT" to del.icio.us Submit "Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dr Gananadha from Canberra Bariatric in the ACT" to Google

Comments

congratulations and best wishes you way!