Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LaffeyTaffey

So I'm having a baby!

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone it's been a while! This past June amidst starting my wls journey, I discovered that I'm pregnant. So instead of having my wls around now, I'm doing my best to stay healthy for my little guy who is due Feb 22nd.

I was so concerned about pregnancy AFTER wls that I honestly didn't think it would happen before lol. My ultrasound at 22 weeks showed that he was just slightly over a pound and has a perfect heartbeat. So far so good

I've actually lost 4 pounds since going to the doctor for the first time back in August. Woot woot! My obgyn is happy about that.

I'm hoping to start my wls journey again in April or so. Does that sound about right? I'll have to call the hospital that performs the surgery and get the details. I want to be able to run around with my little guy and I know that's not likely at 300+ pounds.

I'm very excited to meet my Noah, but can honestly say that delivering a baby is much more terrifying to me than wls! I just hope for a healthy baby and quick recovery so I can get back on track with my weight

Submit "So I'm having a baby!" to Digg Submit "So I'm having a baby!" to del.icio.us Submit "So I'm having a baby!" to StumbleUpon Submit "So I'm having a baby!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats and best of luck to you !
    Congratulations on ur baby
    Congrats! And don't worry about delivery its not that bad the pain is so short lived that the joy you get from it being over and having your new little guy in your arms is all worth it. I just had my third ( first after WLS ) I have been induced twice and this one began on its own. The best advice I can give you if you are afraid of pain and you plan to get the epidural, get the fentanol pain meds right before you get the epidural that way the pain meds are in you while they do the needle in your back. It really isnt that bad as much as I hated it the first two times but this time being in labor and having contractions every 1.5 mins and not being able to relax in between I was happy to let them stick me in the back lol. But the worst is after when I felt like i got run over by a truck for about 4 days. You will do great and by you taking steps to eat right for baby while pregnant it should be that much easier to transition into a healthier lifestyle after he is born and that will help you a lot with the WLS. I wish you all the best and dont get too scared of delivery remember women do it everyday all over the world without pain meds and things like that. And when it comes to delivery once its over ITS OVER lol Its not like when we get hurt and are in pain indefinitely Keep us updated and keep up the great work on being healthy!
    Congratulations on the baby! That's good news! I wish you a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
    Congrats 2 u, good luck with ur pregnancy
    Congrats and good luck with the pregnancy.
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your comment ACE I had no idea that I could have a pain med on top of the epidural. That's awesome