Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SleevedRN

One month post op; down 32lbs!

Rate this Entry
Well fellow sleevers, I made it to one month post op! The weight is coming off slowly lately but as long as it's coming off, then it's ok. I hope the weight loss speeds up again at some point. Now, I know you are thinking 32lbs is not slow for a month! The loss has slowed down and I'm now averaging 2lbs/week. That's better than I could do on my own so yay.

I am walking and jogging 5 days a week. A huge cold front came in last night so I'm not sure how I'm going to get my jogging in for the next few days. I live in Texas and the weather is labile like my post op emotions. So, we'll see.

I'm still eating purée foods. I normally have cottage cheese, eggs, or ground beef with veggies. I eat 3 'meals a day and protein shakes in between. I rarely feel hungry, which is nice. I don't really care about food like I did before surgery which I'm happy about. I was out of control before surgery. I have been having nightmares about eating junk food which actually wake me up. I really didn't know my food issues were so bad until after I had this surgery. I'm so thankful for this so now I can actually address the emotional issues.

My hormones have been out of control since the surgery. I have had my period twice this month and I'm not supposed to have it at all because of the implant I have. I have pimples now, too. My mood swings are horrible. I should probably just stay away from people all together. I ws told this could take 6 months to balance out. I feel sorry for my husband!

On a happy note, I bought a size large wrap dress and it looks so cute. I looked in the mirror and didn't see a huge fatty which felt awesome. People at work are really noticing my loss now and some have told me I'm shrinking. I just tell them ya! Thanks! And change the subject. I'm not ready, and don't know if I ever will be, to tell people I have had surgery. I'm sure some management knows because they are so curious and all want to know why I took fmla. As long as they mind their own business, I don't care if they know, but I don't want to talk about it.

Well that's pretty much it for the month. Please feel free to ask questions! I'll be on here looking at your posts but I'm going to update my progress monthly now. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Submit "One month post op; down 32lbs!" to Digg Submit "One month post op; down 32lbs!" to del.icio.us Submit "One month post op; down 32lbs!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One month post op; down 32lbs!" to Google

Comments

awesome for you I am 3 weeks out lost 40 lbs which is amazing, I to am walking on my treadmill 5 days a week. I am not interested in food which I would of never been this way before. no cravings I can barely get food down, but I am okay with this I am just excited to see more results get into cuter clothes congrats to you in your success.
    It's great to hear from you and that your doing so well. I'm on the 10 day count down and am a bit nervous but I'm sure everything will work out one way or another. Keep up the great job and nice job on the jogging!

Take care!
    Talk to you soon!
    Beth
    Congrats on your loss! 10 more pounds and I'm no longer considered obese! Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch out world
    It's great to hear from you and that your doing so well. I'm on the 10 day count down and am a bit nervous but I'm sure everything will work out one way or another. Keep up the great job and nice job on the jogging!

Take care!
    Talk to you soon!
    Beth
    10 days! That's exciting! You can do this!
    Do you have to puree the cottage cheese and eggs and the ground beef with veggies, What kind of veggies?
    I have not had the surgery yet (12/2/13), but I think the stall must be your body telling you it need a minute to adjust. (might help with the frustration.) ?? What do you think?
    Glad to hear you are doing good.
    Hi! I'm going to call the dr and see what they say. I do not purée cottage cheese or eggs as they are pretty soft but ground beef and veggies definitely! I bought a ninja and live it.
    Woohoo! Good for you! Glad you're doing so well. : )
    Glad ur doin so well!! Keep up the great work!!