Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jactkb

Pre-Op Diet: Day 1

Rate this Entry
Calories: 994
Protein: 95
Carbs: 154

Yesterday was Day 1 of my 3 week pre-op diet. I only have to do 2 weeks, but I've gained weight in the last couple of months and want to try and get rid of it before surgery. I'm sure my posts won't be funny and interesting like some are but I want to record my pre-op and post-op for myself.

My pre-op diet is:
4 protein shakes made with skim milk, water, or SF beverage
Unlimited SF jello, SF popsicles, SF beverages
No caffeine
5 servings from the following list:
1/2 cup SF Applesauce
1/2 cup SF FF pudding
1/2 cup oatmeal, cream of wheat
1/2 cup LF cream soup
6 oz FF Light yogurt
8 oz V-8 juice

I was very hungry by lunch time as I only had a protein shake with milk for breakfast. Felt satisfied after lunch of soup, yogurt and a protein shake and did fine until a snack at 3:30 pm. Then things went down-hill. I developed a headache and fatigue started kicking in around 5 pm. I had water aerobics at 5:30 and was utterly exhausted by the end and in a really, really bad mood. All I wanted to do when I got home was eat and go to bed, but of course there was much more to be done.

My adult son came over and I think quickly decided that was not a good choice on his part but he had already put his clothes in the washer and now had to wait until they were dry. To say I was cranky would be a gross understatement. I did make it to bed by a little after 8 pm and I think all of my family was glad to see me go.

Submit "Pre-Op Diet:  Day 1" to Digg Submit "Pre-Op Diet:  Day 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre-Op Diet:  Day 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre-Op Diet:  Day 1" to Google

Tags: pre-op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, you are able to eat a whole lot more than me. I am only allowed 3 -100 calorie protein shakes, clear broth, sf jello, sf Popsicle, and non caloric liquids.
    I like your pre op better!
    oh this so sounds like how I will be crabby the 1st few days when I start Liquids I will warn my family ahead of time.. good luck
    Aw, that sux just remind them that it wont last 4ever. Good luck 2 u
    I start my pre-op diet the day after Christmas - I'm supposed to have 3 meals a day, each consisting of a 400 calorie protein shake. That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy38843
    Wow, you are able to eat a whole lot more than me. I am only allowed 3 -100 calorie protein shakes, clear broth, sf jello, sf Popsicle, and non caloric liquids.
    UGH! That would be awful. I hope you don't have to do it for too long.