Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BodyRock

What To Eat For The Holiday's????

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by BodyRock View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread about the Holidays, to see what people are planning, doing and eating. Please share with me and others how you are going to make it though the holiday season, what your planing on eating, share your recipes for the different phase to help others and give some tips on what we can do to cope and enjoy. If you are a vet at this and you have gone through your first holiday season last year please share what you did. It will truly help us. I have read so many of us are fretting over the missed food already. I'm sharing my holiday menu with recipes. Please feel free to alter them to make them fat, calorie, carb, protein friendly as possible. I just took the menu from others recipes I've tried and vamped them into Sleeve friendly phase 1 and phase 2. Even though I'm on solids I'm going to have the pudding for my desert. At phase 1 and 2 you are only going to be able to eat a few teaspoonfuls so the nutritional count will not apply. Good luck and God Bless!

MOCK THANKSGIVING TURKEY POTATO SOUP
VARIATION: Liquid Phase
Use more broth to make soup thinner and do not add cheese enjoy!

1 medium cauliflower, cut into small chunks,
1 small onion, diced, 2 1/2 ounces 

3 cups chicken or turkey broth (homemade recommended)
3 tablespoons butter 

1/2 cup heavy cream 
Salt and pepper, to taste 

4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded optional (pre-shredded not recommended) 

In a large pot bring the cauliflower, onion and broth to a boil. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Use a stick blender or regular blender after mixture has cooled to puree the soup until completely smooth and thick. Add the butter and cream; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cheese (optional); heat very slowly until melted.
Makes about 6 cups or 6 big servings 
Can be frozen without the toppings
If you are desiring just a little more for the Holiday’s and want to consider this a cheat/free meal, pour the soup over mashed potatoes and enjoy!

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PUDDING
VARIATION FOR PROTIEN SMOOTHIE: Liquid Phase
Use same ingredients accept heavy cream use your almond milk, soymilk, cows milk or your milk of choice. Blend all together and enjoy!

I can only able to eat 2 teaspoons of this and I’m very satisfied. Make this to enjoy desert time during the holidays with family.
1 cup heavy cream, whipped 

8 ounces cream cheese, softened 

4 ounce of pumpkin
4 ounces sour cream 

3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda 

2 teaspoons vanilla 

1/8 teaspoon salt 

1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 

1/8 teaspoon ginger

Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
Makes 4 cups or 6 servings 
Do not freeze
Approximately with granular Splenda: 
Per Serving: 370 Calories; 36g Fat; 5g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda: 
Per Serving: 354 Calories; 36g Fat; 5g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Submit "What To Eat For The Holiday's????" to Digg Submit "What To Eat For The Holiday's????" to del.icio.us Submit "What To Eat For The Holiday's????" to StumbleUpon Submit "What To Eat For The Holiday's????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

my first official "dealing" with the holiday eating is happening right now as i type. today is our work tgiving buffet. mgt caters teh basics and then we all bring side dishes. and on top of that a lot of folks bring sweets and quiches etc for breakfast . plus there will be leftovers for picking at all afternoon /evening. so im eating a sliced and cold and very sweet apple for breakfast -avoiding the breakfast sweets. and im eating it now, when lunch is in 30 min so i will only have room for a protein and a nibble of something else. as opposed to going in with an empty stomach. that's as far as i've gotten with my "plan." wish me luck!!! and good luck to you as well. -gordita
    I had my work luncheon last week and survived
    I talked more while everyone else was eating!!

And for this thanksgiving with the fam, I am gonna eat some turkey and veggies!

Not gonna put any crap in my body and give in! Sticking to my plan...watch me
    I've found a bunch of low carb receipes that I'm using for my "snacks" this holiday season, my first since surgery. I've gotten my almond flour and other ingredients and going to make some cupcake sized orange cakes, some almond crisps (cookies) and some other goodies that will allow me to participate without going overboard on the normal holiday fair with my family (my Mother's Brown Stone cake is to die for!!!!) . Think I'm going to have a first try at a couple of recipes tonight. wish me luck!!!!
    Ty 4 the recipes they sound wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordita
    my first official "dealing" with the holiday eating is happening right now as i type. today is our work tgiving buffet. mgt caters teh basics and then we all bring side dishes. and on top of that a lot of folks bring sweets and quiches etc for breakfast . plus there will be leftovers for picking at all afternoon /evening. so im eating a sliced and cold and very sweet apple for breakfast -avoiding the breakfast sweets. and im eating it now, when lunch is in 30 min so i will only have room for a protein and a nibble of something else. as opposed to going in with an empty stomach. that's as far as i've gotten with my "plan." wish me luck!!! and good luck to you as well. -gordita
    I think that is a wise plan. What phase are you in?
    im post op. just had 4month anniv. so i can eat "normal" foods. it's not the meals im worreid about ; it's the BETWEEN meals snacking & grazing that the sleeve doesn't fix. we still have to use our will power and determination for non-hunger eating. so one day at a time. oy vey!
    Quote Originally Posted by lornadoone629
    I've found a bunch of low carb receipes that I'm using for my "snacks" this holiday season, my first since surgery. I've gotten my almond flour and other ingredients and going to make some cupcake sized orange cakes, some almond crisps (cookies) and some other goodies that will allow me to participate without going overboard on the normal holiday fair with my family (my Mother's Brown Stone cake is to die for!!!!) . Think I'm going to have a first try at a couple of recipes tonight. wish me luck!!!!
    I have been reluctant to do anything that reminds me of the old life I use to be a big low carb Atkins type of girl and yo-yo'ed for years. Now, I'm afraid to get use to eating the low carb bread/cake type of stuff so I jus shy away from it unless I have that moment of weakness that we sometimes do and I want some junk. I will have a treat but I still cant do bread type of stuff it expands and just plain hurts. If you have some recipes that are non-flour/bread/cake/cookie liked based please share them with me. Like pudding, fruit, soufflé, custards, mouse, jell-o etc. I need new ideas.