Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TheNewRyan

Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, I am on day 6 back from surgery and I can't believe I let someone remove 85% of my stomach.. lol.. Anyways, everything went well, I was very very very very very sore.

I know it's surgery and you are supposed to be sore, but I think I underestimated how much pain there was going to be. Even the morphine was not doing too much the first day.. although I don't want to think what it would have been like without it!

The gas pain was probably the worst of it, then second to that was the nausea. I really can't stand nausea or vomiting. I will do almost anything to avoid it, but truly both pain and nausea are one of the worst things. It mostly went away by day 3 and I was feeling a lot better. By day 5 I was rocking and rolling.

Apparently, I am not having any problems getting my liquids down. For the first 2 days in the hospital it was ridiculous, like 1 or 2 oz of liquid every hour if I was lucky or every other hour. Today and yesterday I managed to get back more than 64oz of liquid in a day and get 50-80g protein in as well. I am just on full liquids so I am still trying to be careful, but everything is going great and I am not getting nausea.. so I am HAPPY.

I am a little nervous cause I noticed I am kind of "craving" things again. It is a small twitch in the back of my head, but it is there. I know this is head hunger, but all the same I will be happy to be back on solid foods again. Should be able to eat solids again by nov 25th. So 2 weeks after surgery, 8 more days to go!

Real quick stats:

Highest Weight: 347
Start Pre-op Diet: 318
Day of Surgery: 300
Current weight: 291 - 9 pounds in 5 days

Looking forward to loosing the rest. I am working on a video log, have a couple shot already and need to upload them to YouTube. Will post something here as soon as I have it together.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

-Ryan.

Submit "Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!" to Digg Submit "Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!" to del.icio.us Submit "Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just in time for Thanksgiving! Turkey is great protein. :-) Congratulations on the weight loss! I get cravings and have off and on from the beginning. It's usually something I sort of seem to need though. Like last spring when I was sick and badly dehydrated I craved watermelon and grapefruit.
    I can't help from laughing when I read about people looking forward to solid food for the first time after surgery, it is not what you think it's going to be. Some yogurt, a scrambled egg, a little soup; that's it. Any turkey is going to be from a food processor with some gravy but it will taste great.You are entering the stage when you will be losing the most weight, my starting stats were similar to yours and I am seven months from surgery and down 126 lbs and still can't eat more then a child's portion. You are in for a life changing experience.
    You sound like you are doing great!!! Mind/head hunger is real but wait til your body tells its hungry before you eat. God Bless...Mem
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat56
    I can't help from laughing when I read about people looking forward to solid food for the first time after surgery, it is not what you think it's going to be. Some yogurt, a scrambled egg, a little soup; that's it. Any turkey is going to be from a food processor with some gravy but it will taste great.You are entering the stage when you will be losing the most weight, my starting stats were similar to yours and I am seven months from surgery and down 126 lbs and still can't eat more then a child's portion. You are in for a life changing experience.
    Thanks for replying! I am always interested in hearing what other sleevers are going through and getting any little in sight on how things will be. I have no doubt that it will be life changing, and honestly, I am kind of excited about that. I think things will be tough, but nothing that is good for us is easy. CONGRATS on 126 lbs weight loss, that is sooo cool! The most I ever lost on my own was around 50lbs so I am ready to use this tool the best I can and hopefully will see some great results. Thanks again for responding, have a great week!