Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DebCos

Day 4

Rate this Entry
I'm wondering if the hiatal hernia repair my surgeon did is making things just a bit harder for me...getting the protein shakes down...bleh! I'm having to use water to make them thinner, and just swallowing water is not easy. Today I've developed a cramping in the muscle on my left side near an incision site. Thankfully my bowels are moving, with a little help from MoM, so that's a blessing. I just hoped I'd feel better than I do, but as Lori said this is MAJOR SURGERY.

The Designer Whey Pro2Go I purchased to add to water is nasty, it makes me want to vomit, even the smell....bleh! So I'm not using that, just plain water.

Submit "Day 4" to Digg Submit "Day 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 4" to Google

Tags: pain, post-op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm 11 days out and also had a hernia repair. My doctor told me I'd feel a little more swollen and the first 5 or 6 days even drinking water hurt. It does get better. I'm with you on the protein...ugh! After several trials, have finally settled on unflavored Isopure in 4 oz of crystal light. It's not thick and it isn't overly sweet! Best of luck to you!