Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lauriet0608

7 weeks post op

Rate this Entry
Hi all! Well it's now been 7 weeks and I feel great!

The first 5 weeks were not fun but I am all healed and have been swimming every day this week :-)

I have not once overeaten or been sick. Everything I've tried seems to settle well including chicken and fish. I still haven't tried pasta, rice, bread or any red meat but I'm really happy with my progress.

I seem to be able to drink a lot more now too and I'm still supplementing with protein powder just to be on the safe side.

I have lost a total of 39lbs (including pre op phase) and my weight loss has slowed down to 1lb per week in the last two weeks. I assume this is due to eating more solid foods. I am expecting a stall at some point but for now I'm pleased my weight is still coming off :-)

I hope to lose another 15lb by Christmas......I hope that is achievable!

I hope you are all doing well too!

Submit "7 weeks post op" to Digg Submit "7 weeks post op" to del.icio.us Submit "7 weeks post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 weeks post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am almost 8 weeks out. Since surgery I have lost close to 35lbs...my weight loss prettty much stopped for like 2 weeks, then it was 3lbs the next week. I figured out what I was doing wrong..I wasnt eating enough..my body was going into starvation mode..So I tacked on another 100 calories or so and I started loosing again..I have eaten red meat several times, hot sauce..pretty much anything they said might not be tolerable after..Well I can eat it all..I have not had any issues at all with food...except my taste buds did change a little...anyhow keep up the good work, sometimes ya just got to jolt your system into working again
    I am glad you are recovering well!
    I've increased my calories a lot this week - now having 1000 calories per day as advised so fingers crossed, my weight loss will increase :-)
    Congratulations! You sound wonderful and have made a lot of progress. Best of luck to you!
    Congrats.....