Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TDinWI

Dear 300 Pounds

Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
This morning, I left you. I know what you're thinking. "I've heard this before, and you always come running back to me'. I'm writing to tell you, that this time, it's for good. You shall never see me again.

I would lying if I didn't admit to having fun finding my way to you in the past. The nights out with the boys, drinking beer and eating wings. The holiday dinners with family, stuffing myself with food, and deserts. The quiet nights in front of the tv watching movies and eating chips, or popcorn, or dinner leftovers. The backyard cookouts with ribs and steaks.

In the end though, all you did, once you had me, was hold me hostage. Once I found you, you only inflicted pain and misery. You kept me from doing things I once loved ... golfing, playing softball, playing with my kids, and even getting things done around the house. You made me a worse husband, father, and employee. Your hold on me was abusive. And now it's over.

Today, I am liberated. No more sitting on the couch while my family goes to the Zoo or to the State fair. No more sitting at tables at weddings or other celebrations while my friends and family dance and mingle. No more telling my son I can't play catch in the back yard. No more telling my brother, I don't feel like golfing today. No more sitting at home watching games, I could be attending in person. And no more telling my wife, that my back hurts too much to clean the garage, or gutters.

Today, life just got immeasurably better, because today, I begin to live it without you, forever.

Good riddance!

Submit "Dear 300 Pounds" to Digg Submit "Dear 300 Pounds" to del.icio.us Submit "Dear 300 Pounds" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dear 300 Pounds" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I love it! Congrats!
    I love this too!!!!!
    This is awesome!! I can't wait to say goodbye to the 200s!! Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Congrats!
    Great post! Congrats on your progress!
    I also think this is a brilliant posting............i couldnt have said it better myself and i'll have great pleasure in saying goodbye to mine when i get under 200lb
    What a beautiful story that we all so very much understand. I am so excited to have left the 290s behind thanks to my preop, and I can't wait to have a similar story to yours once I say good bye to the 200s. Thanks! Perfect story as I wait for my surgery tomorrow
    Awesome post! Congratulations and keep up the hard work.
    YES!!! Love it!! What a declaration to make against our old habits and hangups---You no longer have a hold on me!!!
    Wow how I love this! I want to do the same thing when I meet my goal weight also! Declare it to the world from every rooftop!!
    very well done you and your family must be so proud of your achievement !
    This is soooo awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!
    I love it and I will remember it always I think we all feel the same, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Your post is well written and displays your inner willpower to go forward with your wls journey.
    Best luck and God bless
    Well said!!!
    I am so proud of you!
    Yaaaa this made my day! Kudos dude!
    You have such a wonderful way with words. You've written for all of us. I was just jazzed when my scale dippen into the 200's. I only said hooray, it's about time. I still need to slog thru the 200's to get to my goal of 140. Again, thanks for the letter to 300. What you've written is so "right on".
    Brilliant way with words! Love this post! Congrats on your weight loss!
    Congrats. Very well said.
    Yay!!! I am so proud of you. I cant weight to make my own fareware to 200 lbs speach. Have 22 lbs to go.
    This post has really brought tears to my eyes! I saw myself in every comment that you made. My situation was a little different than most, I have been small my whole life and began to gain weight the last 7 years, I am only 5"0 so it showed quickly, I did not handle being overweight at all. I stopped going out, to parties, stopped wanting to take pictures, and anything else where people would see me. I am currently at 200.7 and can't wait til I go to my 2week post-op next Thursday...I think I will right a letter to myself to say goodbye to the 200's and to constantly remind myself the consequences for not taking control 7 years ago! Thank you so much for this!
    Love it! So funny!
    That made me laugh... it made me cry. Awesome!!
    You write very well and I enjoyed reading the post. I can relate, except to the golf reference I wish you continued success and remember what it felt like, now I'm waiting for goal. I've hit my very first stall and am trying to increase my intake of fluids and eat more protein. I haven't been very hungry (less than usual, in fact) and haven't been eating very much; I think I have to change that and I've also increased/changed the type of exercise I do at the gym. I'm now lifting more weights and doing different machines. Keeping my fingers crossed that I lose the last few pounds and reach my goal, which I change daily I keep lowering the number as I never thought I'd reach the weight I am now. Keep on posting your success as it's inspiring!
    congrats and way to go!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleb
    I love it! Congrats!
    Nicely done!!
    Very encoraging.Awesome!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast