Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brooklyn_mom

down 80 lbs. 6 months out-update

Rate this Entry
I am very pleased to be officially down 80 lbs since my surgery last
May.
I am loving the new size I am, and can't wait to reach goal. Shopping for clothes is fun again, and I feel good. I am 163 now, and in a size 8.

My hair is still falling out, but hopefully it will slow down soon.

Overall this has been an amazing tool for me! No miracle diet, no juice fast, no strict eating plan, just eating healthy and sticking to the rules.

A lot of my guilt associations towards food are gone. I choice to not journal my food during this process since I did it so much in the past, and could get quite obsessive and have unhealthy relationships with food especially if certain food became "off limits." I try to eat protein with each meal and veggies too. Lately my sweet tooth has come back but my sleeve helps me keep it in check-I can't overindulge like I used to.
I feel kinda like what I imagine normal people who don't have weight issues feel like. If I have something indulgent, it doesn't spiral me down a path of more bad behavior. I can just readjust and move on. Not obsess.

I DO need to keep working on slowing down my eating. Why is this so hard for me?

Overall, the sleeve has been an amazing tool and I will keep learning and growing each day. I am thrilled to be below my weight I was when I was married. I am not ashamed of my weight either. I even tell my husband when I lose-where I'm at now. I am so glad I weigh less than him finally!

Anyways, just a little update! Can't wait to see where I am at by the end of the year!

Submit "down 80 lbs.  6 months out-update" to Digg Submit "down 80 lbs.  6 months out-update" to del.icio.us Submit "down 80 lbs.  6 months out-update" to StumbleUpon Submit "down 80 lbs.  6 months out-update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

soooo amazing congrats to you!! Yes this is how you have to look at it you have to know what to put in the mouth and sometimes enjoy not alot cause you cant bu a bit....yahhh to you loser lol
    Congrats 2 u, that is awesome
    How wonderful, you have had fantastic weight loss and look great! The hair will come back, I know its distressing right now but it does come back. I lost about 3/4 of mine during a severe illness 3 1/2 years ago. Mine stopped falling out at about 6 months and then within a month I could feel little short stubby hairs growing back in.
    Congratulations! Yes, it is a great feeling to weigh less than your husband. I waiting for mines to be able to pick me up. Lol
    So great you are doing well. I've lost a lot of hair too and waiting for it to grow back is hard. Learning to eat slowly has been difficult for me as well. It's hard to break old habits. It takes time to change.