Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimpossible318

Take this phlegm and shove it, yo!

Rate this Entry
Prior to my surgery...about 3 weeks prior, I got sick. It wasn't too be unexpected cuz I always come down with the same crud. I always try to self-medicate. I eventually figure out I can't and then I go to see the doctor. This time was different. I felt a sore throat pop up out of the blue on Tuesday. My FB friends were so kind to throw natural remedies my way from apple cider added to my water to honey in my tea, but I Nyquil'd myself just to get sleep and vowed to go to the doctor the next day.

Went to the ENT yesterday and low and behold I'm a mess. Just like that. My chest sounded tight, my ears both have infections, my nose is a wreck, and my throat is inflamed. So, I got an antibiotic shot in one hip, steroid shot in the other and I was sent home with an oral antibiotic and a nose spray.

Around 6:00pm, the steroid must have come to life in my body because I turned into a phlegm factory. I eventually went to bed just to wake up at 2:00am with all that crap lodged in my throat and lungs. I'm having a swell evening. So swell, in fact, I thought I would bring the word swell back. Missed it, didn't ya?

So, prayers for a speedy recovery would be appreciated as I leave on Monday for an extended business trip to Chicago and don't want to deal with my finicky sleeve on top of long days on top of crud.

Okay, whine is officially over. =D

Submit "Take this phlegm and shove it, yo!" to Digg Submit "Take this phlegm and shove it, yo!" to del.icio.us Submit "Take this phlegm and shove it, yo!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Take this phlegm and shove it, yo!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, sounds like you got hit with everything but a brick. The creeping crud has been going around here too and I'm dreading it. I don't usually get sick, at least not seriously, but even though I feel fine, it's only been a month since surgery and I know my immune system is shot. Here's hoping you pull through fast. You were smart to see a doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplhouse
    Wow, sounds like you got hit with everything but a brick. The creeping crud has been going around here too and I'm dreading it. I don't usually get sick, at least not seriously, but even though I feel fine, it's only been a month since surgery and I know my immune system is shot. Here's hoping you pull through fast. You were smart to see a doctor.
    Thank you! Hope you can ward off the evils, too! =)
    Oh no. Both of you feel better soon.
    Oh, my! Feel better!!!!
    Holy Toledo Kim - I don't stop by for a day or two and your falling apart like a cheap prom dress! lol I hope you are back to being your good ole' self soon. Maybe your immune system needs a boost when you're finished with all this Feel Better.
    Feel better!
    Oh no Kim, I hope you feel better soon, get lots of rest and good luck!!
    Swell !!! Funny but not. Hope you feel better. I had it in September.
    Ugh ! Hope you feel better soon !!
    Prayers for quick healing sent!
    Awww...feel better soon!
    Praying you feel better soon.
    Oh Kim! I am hoping that you feel better real soon! You have reminded me to call the doc about my flu shot. Ever since I've been taking them, I don't get the upper resp infections and strep that I get EVERY YEAR (darn students!). How are you feeling about your business trip? Have you figured out what you're going to be eating? are you taking stuff with you?
    Ouch and yikes lol....poor you hope you feel better and prayers for you into a speedy recovery!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Oh Kim! I am hoping that you feel better real soon! You have reminded me to call the doc about my flu shot. Ever since I've been taking them, I don't get the upper resp infections and strep that I get EVERY YEAR (darn students!). How are you feeling about your business trip? Have you figured out what you're going to be eating? are you taking stuff with you?
    My mom told me to get a flu shot. Yes, I'm 36 LOL. I didn't get one yet because I just got one in February...now I have to wait to get it until after I feel better. Oy!

I have relatives in Chicago, so I asked my aunt to get me some of my Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts, some of the reduced fat cheddar and monterey jack cheese sticks, and lactose free skim milk. I'm staying at their house a couple of nights and then I'm going to be at the hotel the rest of the time. I already reserved a fridge for my room so that I can keep my yogurts, milk, and cheese at the hotel. I'm going to bring powdered protein shakes so I can make one a day to make sure I'm getting in my protein. My plan is to have a shake for breakfast and use the yogurt and cheese for snacks. I will order the healthiest soup on the menu (and make modifications as necessary) for all the meals I eat out at restaurants and whatnot.

The sad thing is that I come home for 8 days and then I have to do it all over again in Vegas for Thanksgiving, lol. I know the Vegas part isn't sad, but the traveling with limitations kind of is, haha! I'll let you know how it goes!! =)
    Hope u feel better soon, its no fun flying(if that's what ur doin) when ur congested Remember 2 chew gum when u take off and land so ur ears don't pop pop pop. Good luck 2 u n have a safe trip
    Hope you're feeling better soon!!
    So sorry you are feeling miserable, and hope you get to feeling better!
    EW. Feel better soon, chica!
    I hope you feel better soon! I use to get bronchitis real bad every year until I started getting the flu shot.
    Hope you are feeling better..