Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kstarnes77

What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?

Rate this Entry
I am just curious! I am 7 days post op and 10 pounds down. So happy about this! My day of surgery weight was 247 and I would imagine the weight loss will slow down after this week but out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how much they lost in the first 4 weeks? Did your weight loss slow after the first or second week? I'm looking forward to solid foods in about a week and a half, that will be a very nice and WELCOME treat!

Submit "What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?" to Digg Submit "What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?" to del.icio.us Submit "What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I should be down 23 pounds at one month (Thursday!). I had a 12 day stall after week 2, it was crazy. So others probably lose more than me.
    I was down 17 lbs at week 2, then had a 2 week and 2 day stall. I am now down 22 and 5 ? weeks out? 6 maybe?
    I was down 30 lbs at one month, six of those were pre-op. However, I ended up back in the hospital for days 10 - 13 due to a diverticulitis attack and had to get rid of all those fluids they pump you with a second time. Stalled for a little over a week just past the one month mark. I bumped up my calories and was finally cleared for exercise (I treadmill) and the scale seems to be moving again. So, sleeved on 9/20 and I'm down 34 pounds. I'm 52 and have a very sedentary desk job. I figure we're in this for the long haul and try to focus on the big picture. We can do this!
    At 4 weeks I was down 18lbs since surgery and 36 lbs down overall. Everyone loses at different rates depending on how much they lost in their pre op diet and how overweight they were prior to surgery as well as BMR, etc. Goal is to lose 2-3 lbs on average /week. Sleeve helps us with portion control to get it off and keep it off. Hard to be patient especially with the stalls but I'm trying...
    I was one month post op on 11/3 and down 26.4 pounds. Starting weight was 275. Keep in mind that the more you have to lose, the faster it comes off in the beginning. Welcome to the club!!!
    Thank you for posting this - I had the same type of question. I am 3 weeks post op and down 20lbs and haven't lost anything for the last couple of days. I know that it is because I have finally got to eat (soft foods!). I just have that normal fear of losing the weight and then gaining it back - it is so hard to think that it will keep coming off
    I have my 1 month check up tomorrow. but I think I'm down abt 20lbs since surgery. Keep us posted on your progress
    that's great, thanks for the feedback!!
    I'm down 20 at 1 month. I started at 190.
    I was down close to 30 pounds the first month. But it has slow down considerably. I had a lot of water weight also the first month!
    I had lost 25lb by week 4 (37 including the pre op phase). I've only lost 1lb per week since then. I am now 7 weeks post op x
    I think I've had a stall since day 7 or 8, no joke! I lost 11 pounds in first 10 days then nothing. I'm at 11 pounds down at day 16. I hope that's not abnormal. I know I haven't been exercising like I should...always chaos with the 7 and 2 yr old and now in the 20s out! Gotta find the time and stop making excuses!