Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Barbsbc

Sitting on the fence - to do it or not to do it.

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone,

I am really sitting on the fence about this procedure and having it done in Mexico. I need to lose about 70-80 lbs and am tired of spending about $700 month on Dr. Bernstiens to try and lose the weight to only gain it back.

The biggest part of my decision is because my mom is very overweight and I am very scared I will lose her. I believe if her and I do this together we can support each other and she will be here with me for many more years. my mom is only 17 yrs older than me so I want to spend my golden years with her. BTW im 43

Submit "Sitting on the fence - to do it or not to do it." to Digg Submit "Sitting on the fence - to do it or not to do it." to del.icio.us Submit "Sitting on the fence - to do it or not to do it." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sitting on the fence - to do it or not to do it." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would research hard and long about having it done in Mexico. Remember, you get what you pay for. Good luck in your decision!
    You might watch some of my videos on how I made my decision. Good luck with your decision.

All I can say is the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family! My mum is in a wheel chair because of her weight and that was going to be me if I had not done this. There are some down sides but none that would not make me do this again. Good luck with your decision :-)
    What a nice thing to do with your mom, to lose weight and get healthy. The sleeve will definitely help you in that area.
    Good luck 2 u
    My mother starting eating better when I came home from the hospital and she is down over 20 pounds and her blood work numbers are good. I am proud of her! She is 18 years older than me. Good luck with making your decision. We are here for you!
    I'm in the UK, so don't have personal experience of US vs Mx. From posts on here though there appear to be some excellent surgeons in Mexico, and some conveyer belt cowboys. Have a look at the groups on here, and find out about the experience of different people. Also consider the issue of insurance for complications, as some people have ended up with large bills when they've needed follow up care in the US. Good luck with your choice!
    Do it!!! I just got back from Mexico and it was the best thing I ever did. I live in Ontario and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything. Sincerely, Shirley
    I have read many, many blogs on here of people who have had their surgery in Mexico and had an excellent experience. Just do your research and you will do great! I am 54 and my mom is extremely overweight. Watching her loose her mobility is what convinced me I needed this surgery so I wouldn't go down this path. Now she has a very hard time breathing, and I doubt that surgery would even be safe for her at this point. I can't bear the thought of loosing her, and it is breaking my heart. I wish we both had done this long ago.
    The only thing that I can say is I love my sleeve and do not regret getting it done at all. If you can get your mom to do it with you, BONUS!!! I hope that you both make the best choice for each of you. Good luck!!!
    The sleeve is the best decision I have made. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I would reccomend it to everyone, it has totally changed my life. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2
    I would research hard and long about having it done in Mexico. Remember, you get what you pay for. Good luck in your decision!

Nothing wrong with surgery in Mexico.
    Do what's best for you and your mom. As far as Mexico goes, many and I do many people on this board and others have gone to Mexico to have their surgery and have not encountered any issues whatsoever, or any more issues that one would encounter here. Don't be scared off of Mexico by others that didn't have their surgery there. Read and do your own research.

IMHO, Mexico is a very viable option for WLS.

Good Luck.
    Just over two months out. Down 54 lbs. best I've felt in years. Very pleased with my sleeve and the care I received in Mexico. So glad I had it done. Good luck to you with your decision.
    DO IT.
    I had it done in TJ and couldn't be happier with the decision.