Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kstarnes77

Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?

Rate this Entry
Just needing a bit of variety even if it doesn't contain protein! Was anyone cleared to try like a banana blended in a smoothie for instance? Or yogurt, other smooth soups that aren't clear broth? I'm dying to know! I had my surgery on Monday so I'm 4 days out and seem to be healing well. My only real painful complaint is this really odd hunger pain that I feel, it feels exactly like deep hunger when you just know your stomach is going to growl sooooo loud in a quiet room, pew, classroom, where everyone turns around and looks at you. Yeah, just like that . But it never growls, it just passes like a contraction then happens again. So weird!!!

Submit "Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?" to Digg Submit "Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?" to del.icio.us Submit "Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

At that stage I was allowed to eat Jello. I never cared much for Jello but during that phase it was a great treat. Also, I know it is getting colder out, but frozen surgar free pops are a nice change too. I couldn't find any at the store so I made my own with crystal light in re-freezable pop makers. Don't forget to try spices, these don't add calories and they can enhance soups and that them from bland to fabulous.
    Thanks! I did add some soul food seasoning to some soup and that helped! Sugar free pops---great! I will get some today
    I loved tomato soup in the early stage...It was so full of flavor and really helped to make me feel satiated. I did eat a saltine cracker a few days after surgery because I felt like I was starving. It's a difficult time but it passes. Before you know it, you'll be adding different foods to your diet.
    I should say...I let the saltine cracker get soaked in the tomato soup...
    THERE IS A POWDER OUT THERE CALLED BENEPROTEIN ITS FLAVORLESS SO U CAN PUT IT ON ANYTHING TO HELP GET UR PROTEIN IN AND EGGS MMMMMMM EGGS ARE YUMMY DONE MANY MANY WAYS EGG SALAD SCRAMBLED POACHED FRIED MMM M,MM MMM
    I lived on whizzed black bean soup for the first week! Still do that for lunch sometimes on purees.
    I am 2 days out from surgery and I too, feel those 'contractions' you are mentioning. It does feel like hunger, then it passes. I also get those contractions when I drink anything. Tap water seems to go down ok, but only small sips. The protein drinks are too sweet but I've managed to drink 1/2 one but it took me 2 hours! I am very concerned about getting dehydrated. What am I going to do?
    The popsicles have been my best friend besides the jello! I go for my "Phase Change" appointment on the 6th! As of right now im still on clear liquids and protein shakes! I did however try a small baby spoonful of my sons sweet potatoes and lord let me tell you did it hurt! Idk why but I felt like I was punched right in the middle of lower ribs! Not looking forward to advancing in my diet if that's what its going to feel like!
    Thanks guys!! I was never told we could purée any real foods but the blended black beans sound better than anything else. . And east928 as long as you're sipping in water and fluids throughout the day and using the bathroom you should be fine! I've been drinking powerade zeros too
    Quote Originally Posted by bikrchk
    I lived on whizzed black bean soup for the first week! Still do that for lunch sometimes on purees.

I'm going to try that!
    so I am confused, are you on the full liquid (stage 2) or purred foods (stage 3). I wasn't allowed to go to purred food until I was four weeks out.
    Ok so I, personally, am not allowed to go on puree diet like the black beans, until im approved. However I have been blending some soups to add protein to just for the flavor change! I got a few progresso light soups and that has helped me a lot!