Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kstarnes77

3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!

Rate this Entry
I now realize why many people do not post their updates on the day of or following surgery, wow it is definitely an adjustment isn't it? I will say thought that the most difficult part of this new post op journey has been finding motivation to drink the required protein.

Since Monday I was NPO and still could not even have a sip of water, I was really ready for those sips of water. I had no problem with drinking 3 ounces of water in an hour period, but I did tire very easily with the chicken soup flavor protein mix which I thought would be more appealing than the other choices. I eventually got some chocolate shake mixed up and finished the day with sips of that. I'd say maybe I finished the equivalent of one shake. I was also discharged that next day around 4 pm and walked around as much as possible to help relieve the gas pain in my chest.

Wednesday I was still not feeling so hot, mostly dreading the protein drinks, which by that time I had mixed unflavored into powerade zero and managed that better than the previous two! Again, I believe I made it to one shake, not my goal of 2. I kept drinking water and powerade though and went to the bathroom several times so I know I was hydrated.

Well today is Thursday and I really feel like a whole new person with some energy, got up and took a shower, have already had a vanilla protein shake before noon, and am working on the computer with some emails and checking facebook and such. I think i'll feel fine to join the family in trick or treating around the neighborhood and tackle whatever is left of the annoying gas pockets that seem to pop up unexpectedly!

I should not weight, I realize that, but I did so there it is. I have lost 6 pounds since my pre op weigh in and I feel pretty encouraged by seeing those numbers drop close to the next number range. I thank you all for the posts you have made so that I would be prepared for these brutal 2 weeks! I hope this message can serve as encouragement to someone else....just hold out for day 4 that's all I have to say..get past the surgery and the next 2 days and the following will be so so much better!

Submit "3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!" to Digg Submit "3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!" to del.icio.us Submit "3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!" to StumbleUpon Submit "3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

glad you're feeling better! It really does get easier every single day. Yay on the weight loss! Have a happy halloween!
    Sounds like you are making wonderful progress, congrats!! Just take it easy with the festivities tonight, and don't push yourself too much. And stay hydrated

Enjoy!
    Thanks! I needed that info! and at lease you waited 6 days to weigh yourself! lol!
    no, I didn't wait at all to weigh myself, haha! im on day 4 right now. but im going to try to wait longer over the next week!
    thanks good to know I have 7 days left till mine I am glad it gets better.
    Thanks for the update -- you are doing great!!!!
    Question....I'm having a bit of trouble choking down the shakes. I'm going to try protein powder mixed into jello and eat it that way, but what about soups? Were any of you able to eat soups or just clear broths and the protein soup like injury chicken flavor?