Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Debdaisy

In the beginning....

Rate this Entry
Greetings, friends! I am about 26 hours post op and feeling pretty good, about typical with what I have heard from others. Apparently, my idea of sip, sip, sip is al ittle different from what my new tummy thinks is sip, sip, sip. Check. Doing my breathing around the same time that I am sip, sip, sipping? Not a great idea. Check. No bowel activity, minimal toots, but some chest pain. A little concerned about no bowel movements. Should I be concerned? Go ack tomorrow to get my drain taken out. And will be flying back on Friday afternnon.

Oh, I met a few lovely ladies from the Bahamas. What a kick in the pants they are. Going shopping with a few tomorrow afternoon.

The only really stressful thing thus far, besides having to run back home (half way to the airport) and get the check... Seriously? was that I missed my connecting flight in Denver due to snow and ice in Montana. But it all worked out!

Thank you for the support and encouragement.

Deb

Submit "In the beginning...." to Digg Submit "In the beginning...." to del.icio.us Submit "In the beginning...." to StumbleUpon Submit "In the beginning...." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to hear your doing well. Congrats on surgery.
    Congratulations on your surgery. Welcome to the sleeved side.
    Well since you are not eating and were most likely on a liquid diet for a week prior to surgery I am not surprised you haven't had a bowel movement yet. Brace yourself...when it comes it may not be as solid as it was before. Lol. I am always amazed at how some patients are up and running so soon after surgery. Congratulations on doing so well!
    I was sleeved on a mon and no bm till fri. There's nothing in there to let out!
    Just be prepared for liquid in liquid out'
    Congratulations, Deb!!! Happy to hear you are doing so well! I didn't have a BM until 4 or 5 days post-op. Totally normal, so no worries! I'm still trying to get my sip, sip, sip down. Different drinks go down differently. For some reason I can drink iced tea (caffeine free, of course) and juice way faster than everything else. Weird.

Happy recovery to you (and shopping)! =)
    Anesthesia will slow ur bowel down, so don't b 2 concerned just yet. Glad ur feeling good enough 2 go shoppin! Good luck 2 u
    That is great you are feeling well enough to go shopping, enjoy!