Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimpossible318

6 Weeks Post Op!

Rate this Entry
Okay, okay....I'll admit it. Since I moved back home (a week ago this past Sunday), I've stepped on the scale every day.

Some days there is no loss. Other days it's a pound. Today was a one-pounder which put me at 40 lbs lost! I couldn't be happier!

I had two kiddie birthday parties to attend this weekend. The first one, on Saturday, I ate a small piece of brisket with bbq sauce. The second one, I just sipped on my drink the whole time. After yesterday's party, I stopped by my younger sister's house to visit with my nephew. I happened to get there right at dinner time and so I made myself a very tiny bowl of quinoa and black beans plus some fresh sliced avocado. Shockingly, it went down VERY well...like almost as easily as my staples cheese and Greek yogurt. Needless to say, I'm totally hitting up the grocery store after work today to buy quinoa and avocado (I already have black beans).

Still trying out new foods. Still struggling some, but I don't give up!

I did discover Minute Maid makes diet juices that are shelved with the refrigerated juices. So far, I have noted they have peach, raspberry, mango/passion fruit, and pink lemonade. They are all 15 calories per cup. I put them in my 24 oz bottle doing 16 oz of water and 8 oz of juice and they are so yummy! The addition of the juice helps me to get my water in, though I'm still not quite at my 64 oz yet. That is this week's goal.

I did go see my NUT last week. She said to keep doing a protein shake a day since I'm having some difficulty with food. Other than that, she said with the exception of fruit skin, nuts, and fresh veggies I can pretty much extend my food to anything else. I'm not so sure this was really exciting considering I still really want a salad, but at least it encourages me to try, try, try.

I also found out last week that a business trip I'm taking to Chicago in November just got extended. It was supposed to be a 3 night trip and it is not going to be a 7 night trip. It makes me a little nervous to be gone from home that long with my special dietary needs, but I will have a fridge in my hotel room and I will have an opportunity to go shopping once I arrive so I can get my lactose free milk, cheese, and Greek yogurt. These staples should help me get through the week.

Well that's about it for now! Hoping to lose another 10 lbs by my 2 month anny which will be on 11/16. Fingers crossed!!! =)

Submit "6 Weeks Post Op!" to Digg Submit "6 Weeks Post Op!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 Weeks Post Op!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 Weeks Post Op!" to Google

Comments

Loved your update! Sounds like you're doing well. I go for my meeting witht he surgeon today!
    you're doing great, Kim! Quinoa is so good!! Just keep trying out new foods...remember to take small bites and chew well. That is very difficult for me too... Your weight loss is amazing! You are doing everything right!
    SIX weeks already?? Holy crap, that flew. You are rocking your sleeve just like I knew you would. Congrats on the 40 pounds! I have no doubt you'll make your two month goal!

(I'll be on the scale every day, too, I know it, haha)
    Time is flying! Great job on the loss. I love the minute maid just 15 lemonade. It helped me get my water in during the warmer months.
    My Kingdom for a salad! Seriously, when will they "lettuce" eat salad??
    Good news Kim! So happy for you! I'm sure you will do great when you go to Chicago! Good job my dear!
    You sound like you are doing so good!!!! Congrats on your journey!!!!
    Kim, you sound great! Glad to hear it. And congrats on your 40 pounds. How exciting! You'll do great on your business trip. I am debating a weekend conference about three weeks post surgery. I will play it by ear, I figure.

Thanks for the update!
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!!!!!
    That is great news, keep up the wl, u r doin wonderfully

So when do we get 2 c the remodel pics??
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIs4Me
    That is great news, keep up the wl, u r doin wonderfully

So when do we get 2 c the remodel pics??

As soon as I finally finish getting the house organized!! It's so beautiful, though, cant wait to show y'all!!!
    Congratulations on the 40 pound lost! Looking forward to seeing pics of the remodeling, how exciting!
    Thanks so much. I will be 3 weeks out on Thursday and I find your blogs so helpful. Shirley
    Doing great girl! 6 weeks has flown by. Good job!!
    Congrats Kim!!! Thats awesome news!!!!
    Great news!! So happy you're doing well! I hope the success continues
    Yay for you Kim!!!!! You're doing such an amazing job!!!!! I go to my surgeon tomorrow for my 1 month check up.
    Hey Kim, I haven't been on in forever, but I just needed to see how everyone was doing!! You sound great! I read your older posts and felt so reassured. The beginning pounds were so easy but I swear I've been working on maybe 10lbs the last month! I am grateful tho, feel good, feeling more normal! Good luck on your trip, you'll do awesome!