Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SleevedRN

Day 6 post op!

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone! I woke up this morning and weighed myself just because I was curious and I have lost three more pounds in just 3 days. That's very exciting! I know I won't always lose this quickly but I have lost 19lbs in 12 days! That's pretty incredible. My jeans are already a little loose. Today we are going to lowes to get things to remodel our guest bathroom (I will not be participating in the remodeling part just yet). This is such an exciting time but I am still an emotional roller coaster and trying to adjust to the new me. This morning the pain is better. I still feel discomfort in my left side. I take a shower every evening, let the water run on my incisions, then pat dry and cake on neosporin. The incisions look pretty good but they still itch! I'm not really having other side effects besides feeling hungry (I think my body is confused) and I tire easily. Sometimes I wonder how I will get back to my job in the ICU with this new diet plan and the sluggishness. I guess we will have to see. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Submit "Day 6 post op!" to Digg Submit "Day 6 post op!" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 6 post op!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 6 post op!" to Google

Comments

I am feeling the same way at 10 days post op. I felt really good and I think I did too much the last week and it is catching up with me. I know I am dehydrated and I am determined to get my water in today!

I go back to work (911) on Wed - we work 4 12hr days, it isn't anything like you at ICU since I will be able to sit and work, but I am still a bit worried.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!!
    Try 2 relax when u r hm, I know its hard with a remodel and all but u need to get as much rest as possible. R u able 2 get any more time off of wrk? R u taking vitamins? All ur protein n water? Good luck 2 u
    Thanks for the encouragement! I am getting in my fluids and vitamins pretty well. I feel better energy wise today but nowhere how I need to feel to do well at work. Sometimes I get stuck in patient rooms for hours on my feet and I wonder how I will get in my fluids this way. Might need a job change. I'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone!
    I am also 6 days post-op. My situation pretty much mirrors yours. I'm feeling really good but will be going out of my house for the first time tomorrow. Heading out to shop a little with my husband so I'm anxious to see how I will feel after a day out of the house. I'm planning on taking my protein shakes and having soup for lunch. Hopefully that will be sufficient. I too am struggling with thoughts of hunger more than actually being hungry (I think). I am pretty tired by the end of the day and really sleep good at night. My incisions look really good and like yours are just itching as they are healing. I am struggling with the powdered vitamins prescribed by my dr. I literally gag trying to get them down. So I am going to have to try something else. Best of Luck to you it seems like you are doing great and I'm sure you will transition back to work with your new diet just fine.