Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SleevedRN

Sleeved on 10-22

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone! Well I'm sleeved and home and doing pretty well. I spiked a temp today so I'm monitoring that. I'm getting around pretty well and don't have too much pain. My left arm where the IV was is swollen. I don't think the nurses at the hospital knew proper IV etiquette. They didn't really scrub the hub, didn't dilute phenergan and pushed it way too fast. I developed swelling and phlebitis. Just watching it. I am doing clear liquids and I'll say, I did way better with the pre-op diet. Cleared are not satisfying and I feel hungry which I didn't think could happen this early on. Only a few more days til full liquids. And I've already list 16lbs which is wonderful. Not having any regrets, just typical post op worries. I'm excited about losing this weight!

Submit "Sleeved on 10-22" to Digg Submit "Sleeved on 10-22" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeved on 10-22" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeved on 10-22" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Absolutely wonderful to hear and yes, very understandable to have a few post op concerns. You have such a great attitude - I know you will do great!
    Great to hear all went well. Best of luck to you. Can't wait to see & hear about your journey
    Congrats on the wl aready! Good luck 2 u
    Same thing happened with my arm, it was huge! It still is not back to normal size. I'm also experiencing hunger on the clear liquids. PA told me could start some full liquids on day 5 if I needed to, I will definitely be doing so. I'm down 14 lbs! : ) Glad you're doing well, does your belly itch? Mine is itching like crazy!
    Congrats. I am glad I only have to do clear liquids in the hospital. When I go home I can do full liquids for two weeks, puréed for two weeks, soft foods for two weeks and then I get to progress to solids. Yay. I have had no hunger at all. I am having to push 1000 ml of liquids by this afternoon so that I can go home. I'm about half way there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Readytobethin@51
    Same thing happened with my arm, it was huge! It still is not back to normal size. I'm also experiencing hunger on the clear liquids. PA told me could start some full liquids on day 5 if I needed to, I will definitely be doing so. I'm down 14 lbs! : ) Glad you're doing well, does your belly itch? Mine is itching like crazy!

Yes the itching is terrible but I'm trying my best to not scratch! I've been letting water run over the incisions and putting neosporin on them too. I think it's funny we had our surgeries the same day at the same place! Excited about this journey!
    Congrats on your loss! Minor concerns are common and probably more so for you because you have medical training so you are more cautious. Sounds like you're doing great!
    Congrats on your new journey SleevedRN, my surgery is going to be comming up in a few weeks Nov. 12th to be exact, and I'm Nervous and Excited all at the Same Time, I have some concerns like Bleeding and Leaking, I'm really Nervous about and a little nervous about the Hair Loss, seeing that my hair is on the thin/fine side. Again Congrats on your journey, I'm new to this Forum but its very useful in knowledge with everyone telling their stories.