Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Breen

Has been a horrible week!

Rate this Entry
I've been an emotional wreck and not really focusing on my diet or well being. My brother was diagnosed with lymphoma at 24 yrs old. I still think of him as a baby and this is breaking my heart to pieces. I have been trying to give all my energy to him and my parents because I feel they need it desperately. I'm not sure when my sleeved world will return to normal but I really am upset that I'm letting this stress get the best of me and stop my progress dead in its tracks. I never expected this in a million years. I'm so sad.

Submit "Has been a horrible week!" to Digg Submit "Has been a horrible week!" to del.icio.us Submit "Has been a horrible week!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Has been a horrible week!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so sorry this is happening to your brother and your family. Try to keep going the best you can for now. It is OK if you let some things go for awhile so you can be there for your family.
    Prayers to you and your loved ones.
    Thank you so much. I need to give myself a break but stay as healthy as I can. Trying to find a balance. It's just a nightmare.
    You will find a balance. It is like a whirlwind right now with everything going on. Take one day at a time, and take a little time out of each day for yourself too. (Guilt free)
    It is hard. My Grandfather had heart failure the day before I had my procedure. I felt I should stop everything because of what was going on. I do understand how hard it is to find that balance, I am still working on that myself.
    Hang in there
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That is so scary! I pray that he has the best doctors to help him treat it and get it into remission!

On the topic of your sleeved life - you are a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter....girl, sometimes one of those roles are going to interrupt your journey and that is going to have to be okay. The last thing you need is increased stress from beating yourself up. In times like this, all you can do is do the best that you can do and nobody, including yourself, should or can fault you for that.

Hugs to you, my friend!
    Hi Breen, so sorry to hear about your brother. We will pray for you and your family. You will manage with the sleeve, try to do your best. Your family is very lucky to have you by their side. Keep us posted on how your bro is doing. Best of wishes to all of you!
    Sabrina, I am very sorry to hear about you little brother. I will pray for his successful treatments and full remission. Cancer is such a scary thing and I am glad for him he has your caring and support. You worry about him and your family and your sleeve will help you with the rest, just make the healthiest possible decisions you can make at the time you are making them and stay away from anything that says "comfort" because you and I both know it will cause pain. You are in my thoughts, don't forget to take care of you too, emotionally I mean.
    So sorry to hear of this! Sending prayers your way. But you are not doing him or your parents any good if you don't take care of yourself. Because we eat so little, it will take nothing for you to get run down. Do your best to eat something healthy daily so you don't get sick too. They don't need another person to worry about. Please keep us updated as to his health. Wishing your family well.
    Dear Sabrina,
    Oh I feel for you, if you need a chat I am here email me anytime. I am sorry to hear about your brother I can't imagine how that must feel. Sending you a massive hug.

All I can say is when my stepmother almost passed away back in March I am sure you remember ...and I had to return to UK my focus on this went out the window.

Listen try to just make good choices protein at every meal. This is what I eat, string cheese, yogurt, nuts any kind, and if I want something naughty I eat chocolate raisins but just a few.. I know when I am stressed I still go for the cupboard. Just be kind to your self... Just make sure you give yourself some good nutritious food and if you slip don't berate yourself.
    Keep writing on here so we can all support you honey... You know how lovely everyone is on here.
    Just do what you can and take it easy. Please remember you can't do everything and you need to look after you too. If you look after you then you can help others
    Much love Heather (hev) xxx
    That sux! I hope ur brother get some wonderful Drs and can get thru this. U have a full plate right now and u need 2 make some time 4 urself, even if its relaxing in a bubble bath after kiddies go 2 bed. Good luck 2 u and ur brother, prayers r with u, take care
    So sorry to hear your sad news! Please be forgiving of yourself you have so much on your mind. Though you must look after you as well, it's important to take care of you too as you will feel mentally better and more able to cope with good food inside you. Sending you big hugs and prays for all your family :-)
    So sorry to hear about your brother. Remember you can't take care of anyone else unless you take care of yourself. I know easier said then done. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    I am sorry for the hard times you are facing. May God watch over you and your family.
    Sending hugs! We care and will be here for you as best as we can as you go through this tough time!
    I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep your family in my prayers. Just remember you have to take care of yourself also. I know that this is hard and you want to be there for your family but you have to be there for yourself too.
    So sorry to hear about your brother - mine is 24 as well and I can imagine the sense of dread you must feel. Be there for him but take care of yourself - you'll be of no help to him if you let yourself get sick or weak. Have faith that he will beat this - I will say a prayer for him. And don't forget that it's okay for you to be upset and ask for help as well - times like these are often extremely difficult for the ones who love and care for those who are sick. God Bless.
    so sorry about your brother...my prayer are with you and your family but do take care of yourself!!
    So Sorry to hear about your brother, stay strong. Sending prayers to you and your family,
    So sorry for all you and you're family are going through! Sending hugs and prayers! Hang in there, you're human!
    I pray God strenghten you for this journey you are on. I am not sure if you have heard this or not but these days although a horrible diagnosis, Lymphoma is one of those cancers that can be cured. Go to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America website. There is a wealth of information there. Remain hopeful, I believe your brother will be well taken care of once he and your family including you get the information to help you understand this disease and the treatment. I actually lost my brother at 26 years old so I understand the fear, just get informed. Believe it or not Lymphoma although horrible is a better diagnosis than aggressive Colon cancer. Your sleeve will take care of you but remember if you pass out from dehydration or weakness you will have to go into the hospital, so please take care of you too. It doesn't take much. Water and protien shakes will keep you going so that you will be able to be there for your family.

Peace
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It's ok if you have to focus on him and your parents for a little while. Just do the best you can. Try to remain positive and pray that things will be ok. Your brother and your family will be in my prayers. (((hugs)))