Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jaxmom77

12 days Post Op w/Pneumonia

Rate this Entry
Hi all! I have been MIA pretty much since surgery because getting enough liquids and protein is a FT job! LOL! Plus I went back to work 1 week post op so things have been busy!

When I woke up from surgery I was in pain from the gas and my back hurt....maybe also from the gas?!?!?! I walked as much as I could starting about 4 hours after surgery. I was allowed to start drinking water the next morning without the leak test because my "vitals were fine".... I thought that was strange but apparently I was fine. I was sent home later that day. Since then, I have been taking the prescription Pepcid type meds 2x a day. I took the liquid pain med for a week.

I have Pneumonia now. Even though I used the Spirometer they sent me home with. It started on Wed night (10 days post op) and by Thurs AM it was like something invaded my lungs. The surgeons office said go to ER or PCP to have Chest X-ray to rule out Post -Op Pneumonia. Well of course I had it. So I have been at the PCP office once a day for the last 3 days (including today Saturday morning) getting IV antibiotics and tomorrow I have to start liquid Augmentin. YAY! LOL.... I feel better everyday.

The main reason I feel better is because the scale is MOVING! I lost 25 lbs during my 2 week liquid pre-op diet! Then I've lost 17 more since surgery 12 days ago!

THATS 42 LBS TOTAL in less than a month!!!!!! I read millions of posts on this sight trying to "guess" how the sleeve would affect me but I couldn't have fathomed such big numbers so fast. I'm looking forward to the coming months and ready to be healthy again so I can walk to help the weight loss along!

For those of you who are wondering I'm on full liquids for another week or so and then I can move to pureed but I might not.

Daily:
60 oz of water
60 grams of Protein = 2 Premier Choc Protein Shakes
twice a day I have 1/2 a can of Campbells Heart Healthy Cream of Chick or Tomato
2-6 Sugar Free Popsicles
Multi-Vitamin Chewable
B12 2500mcg weekly
Vitamin D

Thanks for all the support and I hope this post encourages someone else too!!!!

Submit "12 days Post Op w/Pneumonia" to Digg Submit "12 days Post Op w/Pneumonia" to del.icio.us Submit "12 days Post Op w/Pneumonia" to StumbleUpon Submit "12 days Post Op w/Pneumonia" to Google

Comments

Sorry about the pneumonia but good to hear you're feeling better!
    And can we just say "YAYYYY" for your monthly weight loss!!! Amazing!
    Best wishes for continued success!!!
    Glad your feeling better, and way to go on the weight loss those are some really good numbers. Best Wishes
    amazing weight loss, indeed! sorry you've had to deal with pneumonia - glad you're coming out the other side of that.
    Glad ur feeling better and congrats on ur wt loss!
    Feel better!
    So glad that you are feeling better everyday but sorry that you even had to go through this. You are doing amazingly on your weight loss!!!!