Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Think

I have a date!!!!!

Rate this Entry
So I talked to Lora today, and my date is October 19th!! I am SO excited!!

I just couldn't do the first date they had available because I wanted to be able to give my son the opportunity to come with me and a weekend would make it the minimum of time for him to miss his schooling. The sacrifices we make for our children, lol!!

Just wanted to share with others who can understand my excitement! I was almost thinking that this day would never come!!

Submit "I have a date!!!!!" to Digg Submit "I have a date!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I have a date!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I have a date!!!!!" to Google

Comments

Congrats 2 u
    Congratulations! That seems like just the perfect timeline: long enough to make good progress on pre-op diets or enjoy "last suppers" (either way you want it, I don't judge), but not long enough for excitement to flip over into freaking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplhouse
    Congratulations! That seems like just the perfect timeline: long enough to make good progress on pre-op diets or enjoy "last suppers" (either way you want it, I don't judge), but not long enough for excitement to flip over into freaking out.
    That's what I thought, but I do have to admit I really wanted the date on the 15th. But I promised my son that I would make it so he could come with me if possible. It will help him feel more at ease with the process, and it will be the first time either of us have gone out of the country.

I didn't want a several month wait, I have already waited 4 months for my funding to come through. I did shop at the store and get a box of Cheez-Its, a maple bar and a package of sweet potato tater tots. But I was sick for a week, and then fell and put my teeth through my lower lip, so essentially all I have had for the past 14 days or so have been soups. Its almost healed, so I figure I could have one decent meal in a few days and then start my liquid diet on the 12th. So I don't really want to have too much, because right now its not working or tasting too well anyway. And the more I put on right now, the more I will have to loose in the end anyway!

Now to start packing! It will take me 2 weeks to do that, lol!
    Very cool, it will be here before you know it
    Oh that's good news.. You are always there for others so I somehow missed that you were still waiting.
    Good luck with everything keep in touch
    All the Best Hev
    Quote Originally Posted by Hev
    Oh that's good news.. You are always there for others so I somehow missed that you were still waiting.
    Good luck with everything keep in touch
    All the Best Hev
    Thank you Hev for the wonderful compliment! I do try to be supportive, we are all on such similar paths, just at different stages. Will be thankful to take this next step in the journey, I'm ready to feel better again.
    Oh wow good news!!!! New life new beginning!! YEaaahhhh
    Congrats! I know you are excited.
    You have been such a huge support to others on this site and soon it will be our turn to give back!!! Congrats on getting your date - it's coming up fast!!! =)
    Great news !! Congratulations ....
    Thank you so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpossible318
    You have been such a huge support to others on this site and soon it will be our turn to give back!!! Congrats on getting your date - it's coming up fast!!! =)
    Thanks Kim!! Blushing here

I am a nurse by profession (compassionate person here), who loves to read and dissect the research literature out there. I think with that background it gives me a different angle to help. Knowledge is power, and I think that knowledge is best served shared with others... why keep it to myself??? Let this education be useful and countless sleepless nights be spread to others, lol!!

I am just so thrilled, I have a girlfriend coming over in a few hours, and then its time to start packing, that in itself will take 2 weeks!!

Hope this time flies!! Can't wait to join the club!!
    I was sleeved with Dr. Kelly.. love that guy! Great experience and so far great results... congrats on your decision, you will be very happy you did it... Tell the doc, his wife and Lora hello from me
    I saw this yesterday! Your visitor message made me realize I must not have posted anything! Sure enough I didn't!! I'm super happy for you and can't wait to see all the success you have. It couldn't be happening to a more deserving person! You have been a great spirit builder to me on the days that aren't as shiny as the rest, and I can't wait to return the favor! Sorry I'm late to the party...I was probably called off to wipe a nose or a hiney in the middle of reading your post...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breen
    I saw this yesterday! Your visitor message made me realize I must not have posted anything! Sure enough I didn't!! I'm super happy for you and can't wait to see all the success you have. It couldn't be happening to a more deserving person! You have been a great spirit builder to me on the days that aren't as shiny as the rest, and I can't wait to return the favor! Sorry I'm late to the party...I was probably called off to wipe a nose or a hiney in the middle of reading your post...lol.
    You are too sweet!! I am beyond excited, ready to git 'er done!!