Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lauriet0608

I finally reached my required protein and potassium levels!!!!

Rate this Entry
Hi all. So after 3 days of awful leg pains and being told by doctor that it was dehydration and low potassium and protein - I upped my levels and voila! Leg pain almost gone and I feel so much better!

I am still on fluid stage (only 12 days post op) and am now drinking the following:
1x cup of tea with milk
1x 200ml glass orange juice
1x 200ml milk blended with 1 banana
3x 200ml water or sugar free squash
3x 200ml milk with protein powder
1x 200ml broth

I'm still struggling to get more fluids in but I am meeting the minimum that my doctor has told me (2 litres per day)

I'm going to attemp just one extra cup of tea today before bed and see how I get on.

If anyone has any other tips or ideas, please do share x

Submit "I finally reached my required protein and potassium levels!!!!" to Digg Submit "I finally reached my required protein and potassium levels!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I finally reached my required protein and potassium levels!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I finally reached my required protein and potassium levels!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh and forgot to mention that I also have a very small bowl of tomato soup each day too :-)
    I think you are doing great! It's very hard in these initial stages to get everything in - I'm still struggling and I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and on soft foods. Mmmmm....tomato soup is one of my faves! =)
    Popsicles count as fluid