Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jennyk88

Day 20...stall time...?

Rate this Entry
So today is day 20 since my surgery. All in all things are going pretty well. I'm not quite at my protein goals yet but I'm sure as I'm allowed to eat more and more that will happen better... I'm always within like 10 grams at least. Struggling with vitamins a bit as they make me vomit...but hey now that my stomach is so small and I don't eat much when I vomit it's just a bit of liquid and then it's over super fast!

I've never eaten too much that I vomited and I'm super proud of that!

But yesterday, and today, when I stepped on the scale it had the same numbers on it! So far I've lost every day, almost a pound a day since surgery. I know it happens, and I've heard around two weeks after surgery is pretty normal, but I don't like it, not one bit. I was a bit constipated so I am still slightly hopeful that tomorrow morning when I step on the scale it will have moved again - at least a bit. But I'm afraid I will be disappointed.

Any tips on how you've gotten through your stalls? How long does the first stall typically last?

Submit "Day 20...stall time...?" to Digg Submit "Day 20...stall time...?" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 20...stall time...?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 20...stall time...?" to Google

Comments

Hi, My stall has been 2 weeks now, and I know I'm not over eating or cheating and I'm on the treadmill everyday over 25 mins. I have read many people have these stalls and for me the first month I lost 20lbs and this month only 7lbs so I'm a little worried about that. I have read everyone is different so I'm not going to worry myself and I'm trying to stay away from the scale. I'm just going to continue to do as I have been doing hopefully it'll be over soon.
    It sux but follow what ur NUT and Dr have told u for ur diet and it will pass, its normal. It takes abt 6 mos 4 ur body to heal after surgery. Good luck
    Everyone is different. I too had a stall at or about two weeks after surgery. Mine lasted for almost 3 weeks. I thought I broke my sleeve(lol) I thought I was doing something wrong. Turns out, that it happens to us all. Good luck and God bless. You will be fine.
    I had surgery 8-23-13 and after 2 and a half weeks I stopped losing. I was horrified but after 2 weeks of nothing I am back to losing again. I knew I was doing everything right so I just kept doing what I was doing and eventually I broke thru that barrier. I am so glad to know that it wasn't just me now! Good luck!
    It's just your body adjusting...this to shall pass...just hang in there and keep doing what your doing ! Once your body catches up you will start to see the numbers going down. As everybody's body is different , every stall will be different. Also you may be losing inches instead of weight on the scale
    Thanks everyone for your uplifting support! It's been 3 days so far... so I will be patient, dedicated and wait for this to pass! I am upping my exercise a bit (cardio not stressful straining yet) to try and help kick it a bit. Glad to know if I just keep doing what I'm doing it will change. Thanks!