Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

teachymcteach

End of September. Good stuff a brewin in fall!

Rate this Entry

So, in the spirit of staying grateful for everything, I pretty much hit my second goal this morning! I started at 294, my first goal was 250, my second goal was 237. I stepped on the scale at 238.4 this morning, so I am pretty damn happy. I also had two pairs of work pants (size 16...NOT stretchy) for the last four years with hopes of fitting in them one day...one of which I wore yesterday, and one of which I will proudly strut my stuff in today. A ton of my coworkers and students from last year have told me I look like a new person. That is crazy to me considering I only had the surgery May 30th! I look like a whole new person in September?! Awesome. It is worth the stupid ass copay I'll have on a payment plan the next two years....Today I am the lightest weight I have been since freshman year of high school. That means for 15 years I have struggled to lose the same 77 pounds (my biggest was 315 at one point)!!!! What a blessing for it to be gone =) All my adult life I just wanted to get back to 200, and now my goal is set for 185. Most importantly, I feel amazing most days. I can run again. I have a renewed since of confidence both at work and on stage when I sing. It is crazy what a difference 56 pounds can make, even on a 5'9" frame. I'm enjoying fashion ten times more now (I did before but shit just doesn't look the same on big girls). I wish my parents would do the same, and it makes me sad, but that is an entirely different blog (I can't control what people do). I have signed up to run two different races in the next two months. One at the end of October with my students, and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving that brings out half of the city. Point being, I'm living my life again, 100%. And crazily enough, I'm canceling my cable to get TV out of my life to fully focus on my health and internship. Sounds crazy, but the only year in my life I was ever around this weight, was the year I was too broke to afford TV and I just ran every night after work. I was also calmer and life was simpler. I am trying to get back to that place. Losing this initial weight was the start, but I am doing a life overhaul, finances included. I have to put the work in to get where I want. Starting with a 5am run before I teach class this morning. I wish yall a blessed day!!!!

Submit "End of September.  Good stuff a brewin in fall!" to Digg Submit "End of September.  Good stuff a brewin in fall!" to del.icio.us Submit "End of September.  Good stuff a brewin in fall!" to StumbleUpon Submit "End of September.  Good stuff a brewin in fall!" to Google

Comments

Well done, sounds like you are really taking control and getting yourself together. Keep up the good work
    I am so very excited for you! Congratulations on all of your success so far! You also, clearly, have the most awesome attitude and with that you are just destined to meet your goal and maintain! Thanks for righting such an uplifting post!!!
    You seem to haven't found (or claimed) your sense of inner peace,and this,is what I truly feel our journey is all about. Keep claiming what is rightfully yours to have!
    Congratualtions!!!! YAY you! I also cancelled cable so I could focus more on exercise and school work. I need to be focused and tv is a very distracting device.
    Thanks sooooooo much yall!