Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tangerine818

Hope to have surgery date in October.

Rate this Entry
Any pain? How long before you was able to move arond? Are the incisions very sore? Overall how are you feeling? Sorry for all the questions I am a little nervous. Thank you so mich. God bless you with a speedy recovery.

Submit "Hope to have surgery date in October." to Digg Submit "Hope to have surgery date in October." to del.icio.us Submit "Hope to have surgery date in October." to StumbleUpon Submit "Hope to have surgery date in October." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You have to move around after surgery... they are going to make you walk right after surgery to prevent blood clots. The day of, right after surgery, was my worst... I was throwing up blood and foamies. The patient that was in a room across the hall from me had visitors and they brought food i smelled it and threw up again. but after that day, I was ok. The incisions didnt hurt.
    To me, the only incision that "hurt" was the largest one on the left side of my belly button. And really, it didn't cause any true pain, it just felt like I had hit my side on something. The others were more tender than painful.
    The first day, in the hospital was uncomfortable. The second day, at home and off morphine, I felt like I had been hit by a truck, each day after that has been a bit better. I'm five days post op and would say there is minor discomfort. My main issue is getting some nutrition in while on clear liquids. I start full liquids tommorow so it will be a better day. Yeah us!
    My surgery went pretty well. Morphine drip is awesome in the hospital but you will be required to move around. Gas pains are not fun and that is why it's important you walk around. The nurse will explain to lift with your legs not with your stomach muscles if you do you'll remember not to next time. The incisions were not that painful only the largest incision was bothersome, but some day's will be easier than others. I am about 4 weeks out and I really am not soar anymore at all. Good luck with your surgery.
    I'm not gonna lie, I was in pain while in the recovery room waking up from surgery and when I got to my room, BUT that being said the nursing staff made it very clear their goal was to get the pain managed and they did just that. I didn't end up with the traditional gas pain everyone talks about...mine ended up in my arms and it was more of a discomfort than pain...took a few days for it to stop and massaging them helped tremendously.

The largest incision is the most painful one. Laughing, coughing, sneezing (sneezing is the devil - HURTS), or bumping it or turning wrong can cause it to hurt, but the pain doesn't linger. The idea is to hold your stomach either with your hand or press a pillow into you when you are about to sneeze or cough to minimize the pain.