Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LisaFlores

feel horrible

Rate this Entry
I feel like I have lost my way. I know that sounds sooo cliche but I honestly do. I see myself making all the wrong choices when it comes to what I eat. Given I know I can't eat much of it but it still is bad choices. I stopped excersizing. Just hate hate myself right now I still lost about 5lbs this past 3 weeks but I'm looking at all your successful stories and I know I could be doing so much better. I need my motivation back. I guess I need to visit this site more often to give me motivation to stay on track. I need to use this tool that I spent an arm and a leg on. I really want to join a gym but I'm so embarrassed to go cause I feel so huge. oh well. Tomorrow is a new day and I know I need to get back on track.sorry for being a cry baby right now.

Submit "feel horrible" to Digg Submit "feel horrible" to del.icio.us Submit "feel horrible" to StumbleUpon Submit "feel horrible" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lisa,

That's what this forum is for....a place to get it all out. You are not the only person to lose their motivation. It happens. But the great thing is....you recognize it - which means you KNOW you need to change it.

Now, you have to ask yourself - why am I fighting myself - because truly that's what you're doing.

I think once you can answer that question honestly - you will find your motivation again. Remember, we are working on our INSIDES as well as our OUTSIDES.

Good luck and you are so WORTH it.
    dont make excuses about exercising...
    -just go...you will be happy you did....even if your just get on the treadmill or recumbent bike...
    you always feel better when u leave!!

Accept that you deserve happiness and to feel good about yourself...love yourself..you ARE WORTH it !!!
    Lisa,

Let me start out by saying this... CELEBRATE 5LBS LOST. I know that is so opposite of how you feel, but I have learned that you have to celebrate the small things, instead of losing your head on the things that seem so HUGE.

Now to the nitty gritty... You are not alone in that there are so many people on this forum and all around us that have taken this big step, and have slowed down in passionate push towards our goals in this Journey to a healthier, sleeker, and slimmer version of ourselves.

My Mantra through all of this (the good days, and the oh so many bad) is that I have to take it 1 day at a time, and 1 step at a time. By this I mean today, if I messed it all up.... eating bad, no exercise, no movement, and wrong choices.... guess what... I can choose to start brand new. Just cause my yesterday or yesterdays didn't go so great, doesn't mean that my today or tomorrow has to be that way.

I too avoided the gym like the plague. I mean a 400 lbs guy sweating and breathing all hard, in unflattering work out clothes was not the business at all. But one day a light bulb went off in my head. I realized that it wasn't about the other people, it was about me, my life, my health, my goals. So I took 1 step, and walked up and down my street, then made it to the gym. To my surprise, I became a regular. I was one of those guys that everyone knew my name, and was always glad I came... (ok lame cheer's joke...lol) The point is just take 1 step. Do more today than you did yesterday... you will see the progress, and feel the better.

I believe in you... YOU GOT THIS!!!

TAKE CARE.... AND MAKE THAT 1 STEP!!!

BLESSINGS,

EWP
    It's not that you are a cry baby; it is that this is not easy as it requires a HUGE adjustment, especially mentally which most don't think about. With food, ask yourself, "If I put this in my mouth, will it make me stronger?" That I what I now do. Just asked it before sipping my protein shake.
    Its not easy, but you have got to have will power! and if you are going to eat the wrong things, atleast go exercising to burn those calories off. The last thing you want to do it start gaining weight then you'll really be depressed..... Make the change today! You didnt go through surgery and all the pain just to get back how you used to be! You control your body!
    Don't be afraid of the gym. I PROUDLY strut ALL of my stuff to my gym pool, bathingsuit and all. Guess what, most people are too busy worrying about their looks, their workout or who is judging THEM to give you any second thoughts! If people do judge you (and some of the gym rats will), that is THEIR failure of character, not yours!!! Walk in there with your head held high, smile and greet everyone and keep on trucking!
    Thank you for posting and being so honest! I have been making bad choices and my weight loss is very slow right now. I love sugar! I hate to exercise! I am trying to just do the best I can right at that moment... progress not perfection is my mantra today.
    I go to Planet Fitness and they could care less what I look like, They all are into themselves and exercising. So don't get distressed about not exercising or feeling embarrassed.
    I did not like the gym when I was not overweight. I have my bike, treadmill at home and I walk in my neighbor. Just get back on track and do not be so hard on yourself. You are doing something right you lost 5 pounds. Congratulations on that!