Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rlh121172

6 months out and WOW has life changed!

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone, haven't blogged in a while but that's because life has kept me and my family busy!

I am a little over 6 months out now and am down 93 pounds! WOO HOO!!! I expect to be at 100 pounds down by the time I hit 7 months. Total I have 18 more pounds to go to hit my doctors goal weight and 28 to hit MY goal weight. I know I can do that as I was 36 pounds light than I am now 5 years ago.

Food is still a challenge as I get full so quickly. I'm happy about that as foods that I loved before are just not worth the effort now. Going out to dinner is a comedy for my whole family as I eat about 4 bites and ask for a box. What's the point, right? These are not complaints, just reality. There are few things I miss which I thought would be different. Mostly hot bread to be honest.

Yesterday was the first day of fall. Thank God as I live in Florida and its been such a hot summer I am excited about a potential cool down (which means 80 instead of 100 everyday in a month or so, lol)....

I am a huge holiday fan so we are getting right into my time of year...although this year will be interesting with all of the yummies cooked everywhere I turn. I am feeling confident about that though as temptations have not really been a burden so far.

oh....and one more thing about yesterday... I found out I am going to be a first time grandma!!! Let me tell you I am so excited that I had my surgery when I did. NO CHANCE I could have helped take care of and adequately play with my first grandbaby fat and miserable. Now, I get to be the best looking hot Nana (I don't like grandma!) around! Thank you VSG for giving me my life back and making me healthy for this great blessing on our family.

I think its important for newbies to see that life gets so much better, especially through the long haul. Its worth it! My sister is in the process of getting her final approval and I know its because she has seen such an amazing transformation in me. Makes me feel good to know I have probably saved her life. My road hasn't always been super easy but I wouldn't have given up this opportunity for the world. It has SEEMED super easy to the people watching me but each bump in the road, tough day, stall, etc...has been worth it!

Ramble session over! Good luck to all of you who are just starting the journey, keep on keeping on for those who have been on it a while like me! And I will be back to post about my 100 pound celebration hopefully VERY soon!

God Bless you all!

Submit "6 months out and WOW has life changed!" to Digg Submit "6 months out and WOW has life changed!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 months out and WOW has life changed!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 months out and WOW has life changed!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for such great words of encouragement. I'm 3 weeks and 4 days post-op and have lost 24 lbs from sw of 220. I can't wait to see myself 6 months down the road. I was never overweight growing up...it started in my mid 30s and kicked in full force at 40 and beyond. I'm 50 years old as of 8/24/13- 5 days before my surgery (what a wonderful gift to myself) and I WILL be living proof that 50 is the new 30.
    You are an inspriation to many and i just hope you continue to update us as your progress and reacdh your goal and after.
    Thanks for that jrnee63. I am soon to be 41 and don't intend to have the same battles ahead that I had behind me. You are going to do fantastic by 6 months! Just keep to it, even through the stalls that get frustrating, just stay on the plan. Everytime I stall, its usually that I need to go to the bathroom, lol. We often forget that our bowels change so much during the process...who likes to think about that!??! If I take something, by the next day or two, the weight is coming back off.

I look forward to seeing your 6 month report!
    Thank you for the encouragement. 50 something days out and it is hard to believe that time flies. I agree with you on the hot bread! Congrats on the weight loss and on the new Grandbaby. I have 3 and they are probably the best thing (other then my children) that have happened in my life. You will feel a love, unlike anything you've felt before. Continued success for that 100 lbs!!!!
    RLH, thank you for sharing and congratulations on the weight loss and on the new grandbaby!!!! You look great!!!
    Congrats to you!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!
    That's outstanding. Congratulations on the grand baby as well. BTW, you look fabulous. Keep up the awesome work!
    Thanks to all of you! Its nice to get encouragement on here but nothing is as nice as putting on your favorite pair of jeans from several years ago and them FITTING! And thanks on the grandbaby....I must say, I am very excited! Let the spoiling commence!
    Good Afternoon,

Congratulations on your weight loss success and becoming a new Nana. You look great.

As I read your blog, I'm sitting hear thinking WOW. I hope that I will feel and look a good as you do when my time comes. I look forward to your next postings as you achieve 100 lb loss and your 128lb loss.

Be encouraged.

Kay
    KayCeeBee,

Thank you. You and I have very similar starting numbers. You are going to do fantastic! Never get discouraged....just stick to the plan! Drink water, drink water, drink water!

Best of luck!

Regina
    Ah so encouraging. I am just 7 days post op and this is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you very much for sharing and congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, you are definitely an inspiration.
    I am 4 weeks post op and thrilled with 39 pounds down - can't wait to see what 6 months will bring - you will be a gorgeous nana....hope I look half as good! Thanks for the great encouragement!
    you are doing fantastic and congrats on being a grandma. I am a young grandma so I also choose to be called nana and let me tell you when my 2 year old granddaughter sees me and yells NANAAA it is precious and then I roll around on the floor with her or take her for walks and talk about nature. I teach her about leaves and decorations on peoples lawns. This summer I took her to an amusement park and she loved the shows so there's me while the rest of the family did rides I was whipping this baby from one end back to the other and then back to the other side so she could see all the shows the park had to offer, I would have never been able to do that pre-sleeve.
    Amazing pics you have there and you are going to be a hot nana lol.....congrats really you are an inspiration....I am 53 dont feel like it....better for me hahahaha.....it is time to get a healthy body