Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DeLaRoche

5 days post op and 7kg lost already!!!

Rate this Entry
Wooo hooo! 5 full days after my surgery I have lost 7kg already! Completely unbelievable. My GP was even impressed. I also had read a lot about the associated post-op pain after a sleeve and while I don't deny that it exists for some, I didn't experience it at all. The pain I did have was minimal and was managed wonderfully by the team in my hospital and the pain dissipated completely after the drain was removed the morning after my op. I had no problem sleeping post-op either.

I will say that a general light soreness still remains in the area of the wound where the drain was in place on my left side but as the days g by it s becoming less and less.

I hate sleeping on my back and as a down side, the first three days post-op I did have to sleep on my back but on day 4 I slept on my right side without difficult.

I spent 2 nights in hospital by choice, the doctor was quite happy to discharge me after 1 night in hospital but I must admit, by the time 5pm came on the second evening I was wondering as to what exactly I was doing there as I was up and about anyway.

I have until today been experiencing a lot of wing trying to get out especially during eating. This is the gas that is used by the surgeon to inflate your tummy so that the op can be done by keyhole surgery. Every time I take a spoon of yoghurt and as I swallow, its as if the wind is trying to get pass the food and get out through your mouth. its not painful but it is uncomfortable. It seems to have almost gone now on the evening of day 5.

I am on liquids now until the 30th September and I am having my external dressings removed by my GP next Thursday.

All in all, I had an amazing doctor, a fantastic hospital and in general a really good experience so far.

I would advise anyone thinking about it to just go ahead and do it. It will be the best decision you will ever make. Don't listen to half of the scar stories as everyone is different and I would go through it again in a heartbeat to be where I am now.

Submit "5 days post op and 7kg lost already!!!" to Digg Submit "5 days post op and 7kg lost already!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "5 days post op and 7kg lost already!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 days post op and 7kg lost already!!!" to Google

Comments

Hi Guys, I am now 15.87 kg down at just under 3 weeks post-op. Wound soreness has completely vanished with over a week and mu wounds are fully healed. I have already noticed a change in clothes. My trousers are beginning to get loose and so I have for the first time in a long time invested in a belt!! I don't want to buy new clothes just jet. I am also fitting into shirts that were given to me 2 and 3 years ago as gifts but at the time they never fitted.

I think I recovered much quicker than others as my anaesthetist no longer uses opiates to induce general anaesthesia. The name of the drug that they do use has escaped me but he told me that the body is able to cope much better with the new drug which facilitates a much faster pain free recovery. In fact for the little pain that I did have was treated with just paracetamol post-op.

I am now on to the second stage of my post-op diet which is pureed food, I have been on it for 1 week now and while it was difficult at the beginning it is becoming better everyday. I have 3 weeks left on the post-surgery diet before I start to introduce myself back on to solids so for now everything is on track.
    Hi everyone, sorry it's been a while! I am now 3 months post-op and I have lost over 34kg thus far. I am gone from a size 46 trousers to a size 38 and it is my hope to fit into a size 36 waist!

I have had ZERO complications! I do suffer from acid build up from time to time however as each day passes this gets better. I have even stopped taking the stomach protector medication now at this stage.

I am fitting into clothes that I had in storage for the last 7-8 years now so I am not lumbered with large bills for new clothes which is great.

Anyway, that's all from me at the mo... will check back soon.