Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

Hair

Rate this Entry
I'm 7 weeks and 3 days out from surgery. And I've begun to lose my hair. Last week I started to notice more hair than usual in the shower drain. After my shower this morning I noticed lots of loose hair when I combed my hair. I only wash my hair every 3 or so days since it's very dry. And I only comb it once a day in the morning. I have shoulder length hair that is fairly straight and thick.

I know I haven't always gotten all my protein in. I have tried my best. Eating soft foods has been the easiest stage to get the most protein. I like the variety of protein foods on this stage. I've used a lot of deli meats as a quick source of protein. They're easily available and come in so many types and flavors. I'm also eating chicken breast, pulled pork, and steak for dinner and eggs for breakfast. And I also make sure to consume a little of the good fats in the form of canola oil and olive oil.

So, the hair loss has begun. I'm going to wait it out. And hope for the best.

Submit "Hair" to Digg Submit "Hair" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know it's discouraging but i promise it will stop!! I think mine started falling out around 2 1/2 months or so and had pretty much quit by the 6-7 month mark. I don't think there's any 100% answer to this, i tried everything i could get my hands on or could wrap my brain around to make it stop but it stopped when it was ready. I am also very happy to report that it DOES grow back!! I use to hate all the little flyaway's on top of my curly head but now i just love seeing them
    Kay, I haven't had surgery yet. I did have severe hair loss when I had thyroid cancer, i have had to make sure I get TONS of protein and I take a biotin supplent as well as some trace mineral drops in my water. You can't taate them. I still lose more than average amounts of hair, but less than before. Weirdly this us one thing I'm not worried abt post-op. I promise it gets better, i have ALWAYS been vain abt my hair, long wavy and auburn, so hair loss was a serious mental obstacle. Try to remeber, the surgery is permanent, your hair WILL regrow.
    I hope this helps you feel better. I know it's scary, unnerving & messes bad w/your brain. Believe it will be ok and try to get your protein. Good luck
    protein is key, but so is 10000mcg of biotion, it helps hair and nails grow.
    Biotin, biotin, biotin. This helps your hair and nails grow and get stronger.
    I read about Sheng Fa , a Chinese herb/vitamin, on this site. I started taking it about the 3rd month and I haven't experienced any hair loss. It's cheap and for me was well worth trying. I have seen others started taking it when they first noticed hair loss and it seemed to stop it.
    i take biotin too, but still started losing hair around the same time.. i'm almost 3 months and the hair loss has been consistent, but not a ton.. thankful, since I don't have much to begin with, lol
    I used Sheng Fa... hands down it made a HUGE difference from hand fulls of loss to a couple hairs after I showered - I SWEAR BY IT. and it's not the protein loss, its the anestia that causes the hair loss w/any surgery!!!