Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

beccah90

Slip-up

Rate this Entry
I've been doing so well on my diet and I am so proud of myself for saying no when I wanted to say yes to foods.

Last night, I wasn't prepared, and I screwed up. I went over to a friend's house and forgot to grab something for dinner. They didn't have anything I could eat so I decided to wait until I went home to eat something really quick. Well, 6pm turned into 8pm, which then turned into 10:30pm...and I was starving. Whoops. All I could think about was pizza, McDoubles, and chili cheese dogs. In my words, I was "HAWN-GRY." Crap. I went to Kroger on the way home to get some more almonds & almond milk, but anything I would have grabbed there I was going to have to cook.

It was after 7 (the latest I'm supposed to eat dinner), I didn't want to cook at 11pm, and there was no way in heck that I was going to make a protein shake in the blender and wake up everyone in the house...so I stopped at Sonic. I haven't been in that parking lot in a month. I ordered the small chili-cheese coney, medium tots, and a small Coke. I could only eat half of the coney/tots and the coke was making me gassy. I threw all of my "evidence" away in their trash can before I left for home and then it hit me...I felt sluggish, tired all of a sudden, and my stomach was NOT having it.

It was almost like I could feel the fat and carbs in my system. Weird? Yeah, probably.

Was it worth it? Yes, and no.

Yes, because it will probably take care of my cravings from here on out. I did NOT feel good afterwards. So I needed to feel that way again to remind myself of how gross I feel when I don't eat healthy.

No, because I could have ignored the hunger pangs and made it home and just had a piece of wheat bread with peanut butter on it. Blegh.

I failed, but I'm back at the diet again - I can't let one slip-up determine how the rest of this is gonna go.

Submit "Slip-up" to Digg Submit "Slip-up" to del.icio.us Submit "Slip-up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slip-up" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments