Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

binalyn

Drain-less in Georgia!

Rate this Entry
It's finally out!

Of all the things I experienced, the poking, the prodding - the surgery....the drain that remained with me until my surgical follow-up was the MOST annoying.

I admit it - I was terrified at the thought of the pain that I would have to endure to have it removed - but I wanted it GONE more.

And after all that build up in my mind....it didn't hurt at all. It just felt like a weird tugging sensation. I think that may have been because I had it for two weeks and I had healed a lot.

At any rate.....I am free of the drain....and down 23lbs since surgery on August 27th and 38lbs since my pre-op on Aug 9th.

Yippee me!

Submit "Drain-less in Georgia!" to Digg Submit "Drain-less in Georgia!" to del.icio.us Submit "Drain-less in Georgia!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Drain-less in Georgia!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Woohoo!!! Good to hear!!!
    That's great!
    congrats!!!!!!! Why did you have the drain for so long??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashauntey
    congrats!!!!!!! Why did you have the drain for so long??

I had a total of 6 incisions including my belly button. My doctor left it in to help combat infection setting up in my tummy.
    glad to hear it is out. and it sounds like you are doing great.
    Congrats! I got mine out yesterday and unfortunately have now developed an infection there.

The dr will call in antibiotics tmw.
    Congratulations! Way to go!
    That's outstanding news. Congratulations. Who did your surgery? Dr. Paul Macik will be doing mine.
    Wowsers!!! Great results - awesome job! I won't have to come home with a drain, but I had one years ago when I had knee surgery and I, too, remember the removal being a very very weird feeling, lol. Glad you got it removed! =)
    Quote Originally Posted by enh0177
    That's outstanding news. Congratulations. Who did your surgery? Dr. Paul Macik will be doing mine.
    Dr. Titus Duncan with Real Results and Peachtree Bariatrics. I attended a lot of seminars including one for Dr. Macik before deciding on Dr. Duncan. His credentials were outstanding and he had a reputation of not being afraid to operate on folks on the higher end of the scale (the 300s, 400s, 500s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevsma
    Congrats! I got mine out yesterday and unfortunately have now developed an infection there.

The dr will call in antibiotics tmw.

Oh no. The antibiotics will fix you right up. I wish you a speedy recovery.