Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bdownie

Hoping to get surgery

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone! I'm Brittany. I am 28 years old and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have been considering bariatric surgery for 6 years now but none of my previous insurances would cover it. I recently found out my new insurance may cover it so I went to a seminar with a surgeon today and scheduled a consultation. I am very nervous but excited! I am most worried about the hoops you have to jump through to get the insurance company to cover it. I am so glad that my surgeon's office is willing to do most of the grunt work. The main reason I would like to get surgery is because I have PCOS and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 5 years with no luck. I know that weight loss would help so much and I lost 70lbs 2 years ago with the help of Metformin but I have been stuck ever since. I still have 90 lbs to go and I feel like this could be a great tool to get me the rest of the way. I look forward to talking with you all and hearing your stories!

Update as of August 30th- I got my referral from my doctor and they were able to move my consult up to September 19th! I'm very nervous but excited!

Submit "Hoping to get surgery" to Digg Submit "Hoping to get surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Hoping to get surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hoping to get surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just check out all your options. I was just sleeved and am doing well. Time will tell about the weight. I feel like I have made the right decision and as of now would recommend this to anyone with weight issues. Good luck
    Brittany, I am in Las Vegas as well and had my sleeve on May 1, 2012 with Dr. Darren Soong, through the Surgical Weight Control Center. I highly recommend the sleeve and have had great success. No matter what surgeon you end up with, it will be the best decision for you. At your age it can give you a whole new outlook on life with the possibility of children, etc.
    Message me if at some point you'd like to meet and talk in person. We can meet for coffee and chit chat about the surgery, etc.
    Wishing you all the very best!
    Good luck to you, Brittany, and welcome aboard!
    Good luck on your journey! I'm waiting on approval from the insurance. Hope to hear back tues.
    dear bdownie, my name is bob i had my sleeve done 8/12/13 by doctor Soong at desert springs hospital it was a snap now eating small i lost 34 pounds in just 3 weeks feel great, i have HPN insurance i have to pay $3000 out of pocket to get the surgery and it was worth it . good luck