Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lornadoone629

big milestone for me.... One small step

Rate this Entry
Well....I just did something that I haven't been able to do in 4 years!!!! I walked around the city block downtown!!!1 YAY!!!

Ok, so those of you who walk 1-5 miles a day or run marathons might think that this is really silly, but I have bad arthritis in my lower back, knees and feet. My mobility has been compromied for about 4 years now, with the length of one block being the most I could walk at one time on a good day. That's the reason that I had the sleeve surgery....to lessen the weight and pressure on my joints and to improve my mobility.

You have no idea how thrilled I am that I actually walked around the entire block (4 times what I could do), no stops or hesistations. And, I did it in less than 7 minutes!!! Am I hurting? some. Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY! I CAN do this.... I want to be able to do it multiple times by the end of September. That's my goal now that I know that I can do it!

Submit "big milestone for me.... One small step" to Digg Submit "big milestone for me.... One small step" to del.icio.us Submit "big milestone for me.... One small step" to StumbleUpon Submit "big milestone for me.... One small step" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm with you there...I have severe osteoarthritis and I almost broke my back in a car accident 11 years ago and it makes it really hard to walk for that long. I'm hoping one day when im not so over weight I can walk 5miles a day or run a marathon. But until then I will be happy with the small steps im taking right now. So yayyyy for you hon
    That is great ))) and it will get better and better !!!! Congratulations
    Congratulations to you!! What a victory keep up the good work, you CAN do this!!
    Great to hear! Congrats!!!