Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KathyL

I GOT THIS ~ don't be skeered

Rate this Entry
When I saw the doc last week he reminded me that I was to be on liquids until this Thursday. I ask if I could start early trying soft food since I go back to work on Thursday, he said ok. I didn't want to get to work Thursday with my little cooler with soft food none of which I could eat.

I don't think he meant I could start yesterday . . . I tried an egg yesterday morning. I managed 4 bites in about 30 minutes. I think I was skeered. I DO NOT want to throw up & yesterday was my g-daughters 2nd birthday party. I couldn't be sick for that. Before the party I had made some crock-pot chicken taco meat for the family. I took some of it with extra juice, used the emulsion blender on it. Oh my, it was some of that yummy being skeered of eating to much I shared it with my 8 month old g-daughter. We also had some avocado with lime juice on it. I'm pretty sure she ate more than me.

At the party I skipped all the sweets & just enjoyed the party. It didn't bother me at all that I didn't have cake. Last night I had some Activia light peach yogurt. I don't remember yogurt tasting that good.

I'm feeling blessed that the sleeve side has been gentle with me. Makes me feel like I definitely did the right thing by getting sleeved.

I'm not skeered ~ I GOT THIS ! ! !

Submit "I GOT THIS ~ don't be skeered" to Digg Submit "I GOT THIS ~ don't be skeered" to del.icio.us Submit "I GOT THIS ~ don't be skeered" to StumbleUpon Submit "I GOT THIS ~ don't be skeered" to Google

Tags: post-op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Every time I see a post "I got this" I know it's you...my inspiration I'm coming up behind you-only 3 more days. I'm more excited about time off from work (paid) than anything.
    Keep showing and telling me what to do!
    jrenee63, Thank you. I'm just being honest & open with what I'm doing. Maybe that will help somebody else on their journey.
    Oh and I have enjoyed my time off too. I'm ready to go back to work & see how "real" life will be.
    I want to thank you too. My surgery date is 9/20 and I am mostly in the place of 100% certain I'm doing the right thing, occassionally sprinkled with absolute, sheer terror. I had come across your posts and blogs a week or so ago. And now, when the doubt creeps in, I just say to myself "I Got This!". In fact, truth be told, I wrote it on a sticky note and stuck it to the monitor on my desk at work. Thanks for the inspiration.
    greenmomma, you are welcome.
    Keep on posting. They are really helping to get past some of the nagging issues that keep coming up! Thank you!!!!!!!
    good for you! keep up the good work!!!