Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NicoleC

Endoscopy with no surgery date.

Rate this Entry
Hi All!
I was curious about peoples endoscopy experiences. It sounds so scary! Also I am a little worried. It seems that everyone on here with an endoscopy date has a surgery date. I've had my blood work, nutritionist meeting, psyc eval, practitioners meeting, ultrasounds and surgeons meeting. I have a group psych meeting and endoscopy scheduled three weeks from now and my insurance doesn't have a monitored diet prereq. Is it odd that there is no surgery date discussed yet? and If not, is it normally set after the endoscopy?
Any insight would be so appreciated![/COLOR]

Submit "Endoscopy with no surgery date." to Digg Submit "Endoscopy with no surgery date." to del.icio.us Submit "Endoscopy with no surgery date." to StumbleUpon Submit "Endoscopy with no surgery date." to Google

Comments

Ask for extra lube!< not joking! Its not odd, most places will NOT schedule you until all stuff is done, and your info is submitted, once submitted and approved, then they will schedule.
    I am scheduled for my endoscopy tomorrow... I have no approval or date yet.. however, I thought it was odd to schedule the endo without the approval yet. My bariatric team feels it will be approved so, they said the sooner the better so the process isnt delayed... every bariatric team is different... best of luck!
    It's just part of the whole revision to see if you are a good candidate or have any hernias etc which might need repair as the same time as you are sleeved. You won't even know they are doing it but could have a rough throat for a few days.
    Im just curious............Why do they want everyone to have a endoscopy? I was never asked to get one
    I have done my endoscopy and was very nervous about it as well. Lemme tell you... it was breeze. No sore throat or anything. And it's done through your mouth not your rear....silly speedracer. LOL! It takes more time for them to put the IV in a prep you for the procedure than the actual procedure. Though they do put you to sleep you are still breathing on your own so you're not on breathing machines or anything like that. Its done within minutes then you're back to recovery and out of there within less than an hour. I was nervous too... but trust me when I say there is absolutely nothing to be nervous about.
    SoNotBarbie... They do it just to make sure you don't have any ulcers, gastritis, hernias, bacterias, etc that would need to be treated before your surgery. I had a small hernia that the Dr. will correct once he is in there doing my sleeve.
    (Because of my other health issues, I had a upper and lower done at the same time) and was under for 2 hours, and bled out of my anus for 4 days, because they didn't use enough lube. I also couldn't talk for a day, because they took over 15 biopsies, and 1 near my vocal cords.

Everyone's outcome is not the same, I would say it really depends on what they find. If there are no issues, tawill2013 sounds about right, if they find something, please refer to my info-
    Mine was scheduled once I had a date because the doctor's office told me they usually like to do it within a month of surgery. I didn't have any prerequisites from my insurance company to get approved either. The whole process was actually quite easy for me, so I pray the surgery will be too, lol.

I just had the upper GI and it was super easy. I arrived at the hospital, everyone was super nice, they took my vitals, asked me questions, I changed, they hooked up my IV, they brought my mom in to sit with me until they were ready to take me into the OR. I saw my surgeon, they had me turn on my side and put the face mask on me and that's all I remember until I woke up 20 minutes later in the recovery room coughing. That was my only issue and it was resolved with water. I had to stay there for 45 minutes or so and then I got dressed and left. Easy breezy.
    Mine was completely uneventful. Was out the whole time. No side effects. Not even sore throat after. Ate nl dinner. Good luck.
    I had hernia, ulcers , and a spot that needed biopsy and no Side effects. Everyone dif. Try not to worry. From Dr's perspective it's prob the equiv of sending a fax. No biggie.
    Mine is going to be done in the doctor's office with the numbing spray. I am nervous because I won't be out at all just supposedly numb. Everyone else seems to be put under.
    I'm so sorry! I didn't see where anyone had commented! Thank you everyone for all the insight! I'm supposed to stay awake during mine too bulldog.